Miralem Pjanic

the wes

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Hybrid Angel said:

Why would we hold Oscar as back up when we got the Chinese offering shitload of money for him and when we have someone like Musonda who can play that role? 

Will you personally convince Oscar to join the Chinese league and end his career?

Oscar and Matic need to be shown the door. I really really want us to progress as a team. Both very unintelligent players who are limited technically and lack creativity. We need players like Miralem, Cesc etc. I dont care if they are lightweight. The greatest footballing team of our generation was ridiculously lightweight but football isn't played with muscle and size. Technique and brains are the two most important things in football. 

If we have Miralem and Cesc, all we need is a B2B midfielder. Lord knows where we are gonna find one (a good one) but we definitely need to move away from just looking to buy players who are big and strong but offer nothing technically.

57 minutes ago, Mustafa said:

Oscar and Matic need to be shown the door. I really really want us to progress as a team. Both very unintelligent players who are limited technically and lack creativity. We need players like Miralem, Cesc etc. I dont care if they are lightweight. The greatest footballing team of our generation was ridiculously lightweight but football isn't played with muscle and size. Technique and brains are the two most important things in football. 

If we have Miralem and Cesc, all we need is a B2B midfielder. Lord knows where we are gonna find one (a good one) but we definitely need to move away from just looking to buy players who are big and strong but offer nothing technically.

I agree with you, technique and brains over anything. Look at payet and mahrez, all technical and intelligent and they are tearing the league apart. We need that level of quality and intelligence in our team. 

6 hours ago, Mustafa said:

our 2010 team that broke the goal record, was incredibly big and strong.

I don't think we have a team like that now, we regularly get bullied

People tend to believe that, because Stoke/Palace and etc. have rough footballers, other players who are far less lightweight and rely on time on the ball can't adjust to the PL. Far from it, in my eyes. Looking at Mata, if you have the quality, you'll make it. Imagine we actually bag Pjanic, put him next to Cesc and trust Naingollan behind them. Both Pjanic and Cesc will be able to dominate the middl of the park, because both have the ability to do it. Teams would do well to mark both, but then both defensive midfielders would be occupied with controlling them, leaving space for our wingers to wreak havoc and vice versa. PSG, Barca, Real, Bayern are all prime examples of how you don't need a 2 man DM formation to go all out and dominate the game. Matuidi, Busquets, Casemiro, Vidal. Anchormen with immense workrate. 

Best case scenario: we poach Roma for their 2 best players for a rough sum of 55 mil. Pounds and offload Oscar and Matic for, let's say 40 at best. THAT, right there, would be unreal bussiness.

3 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

People tend to believe that, because Stoke/Palace and etc. have rough footballers, other players who are far less lightweight and rely on time on the ball can't adjust to the PL. Far from it, in my eyes. Looking at Mata, if you have the quality, you'll make it. Imagine we actually bag Pjanic, put him next to Cesc and trust Naingollan behind them. Both Pjanic and Cesc will be able to dominate the middl of the park, because both have the ability to do it. Teams would do well to mark both, but then both defensive midfielders would be occupied with controlling them, leaving space for our wingers to wreak havoc and vice versa. PSG, Barca, Real, Bayern are all prime examples of how you don't need a 2 man DM formation to go all out and dominate the game. Matuidi, Busquets, Casemiro, Vidal. Anchormen with immense workrate. 

Best case scenario: we poach Roma for their 2 best players for a rough sum of 55 mil. Pounds and offload Oscar and Matic for, let's say 40 at best. THAT, right there, would be unreal bussiness.

How about the case when we face physically imposing opposition....we all know we have several teams in EPL capable of jamming their middle of the pitch with players of such immense abilities...The trio would struggle and it will affect our play unless the potential manager will have another plan to nullify such threat...In addition why d idea of selling Oscar/Matic is now an official language for most members here even when the incoming manager is yet to access the squad and know the crop of players that will fit his plan...at the end of the day some members here will be the gang that will castigate the manager for having a thin squad when in reality the duo can even become terrific player or addition for us next season...

Pjanic and Cesc in midfield. What a nightmare. You'd have a heart-attack every time the ball is lost. More holes in your midfield than a piece of cheese from Tom & Jerry. If you're going to play two playmakers/passers in midfield, at least one of them has to be dynamic and/or athletic. Think Modric. Or an aggressor and someone with an genuine defensive nous. Think Verratti. And at least one of them should be capable of holding the ball under (immense) pressure. You can point at Iniesta and Xavi and call them lightweight and soft but they are legendary players. Cesc and Pjanic don't compare. Not to mention the fact they played with Busquets behind them, with a game winner - no, trophy winner - Messi in front of them and most importantly, played in an incredibly dominant system which was almost unfair. There's a reason nobody has been able to emulate them. Ask Real. Ask Bayern even.

7 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

How about the case when we face physically imposing opposition....we all know we have several teams in EPL capable of jamming their middle of the pitch with players of such immense abilities...The trio would struggle and it will affect our play unless the potential manager will have another plan to nullify such threat...In addition why d idea of selling Oscar/Matic is now an official language for most members here even when the incoming manager is yet to access the squad and know the crop of players that will fit his plan...at the end of the day some members here will be the gang that will castigate the manager for having a thin squad when in reality the duo can even become terrific player or addition for us next season...

If you really believe Oscar can rejuvenate himself, than I should end the conversation already. Pjanic and Cesc are both quality on the ball and are capable of quick passing, so any physical attempt would probably result in late challenges by the opposition. For me, they just need a "cleaner" behind them and that's all.  

Ofcourse, my opinion.

12 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Unfortunely Pjanic and Cesc without ball possesion are as useful as sun glasses in cloudy weather. Pjanic is slightly more mobile, Cesc tackles more, but they both have big weaknesses. Even in possesion, Cesc is suspicious under pressure unlike Modric, Veratti, Iniesta etc. 

First we need top experienced CB to pair with Zouma, think Godin. Then we need top B2B, think Matuidi or Naingolan. Then we need quality finisher to give some versatility in attack along Costa. 

-----------------Tibo----------------

---Azpi-Zouma-Godin-LB?--

------Matuidi-Matic-Cesc------

----------Hazard/Willian--------

--Costa-Griezmann/Hazard--

With Godin, we improve defense, with Matuidi, we bring balance, speed and workrate in middle, with Griz we bring goals. Should Conte arrive, 4:3:1:2 is one of his formations he worked with before, so its possible. 

10 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Unfortunely Pjanic and Cesc without ball possesion are as useful as sun glasses in cloudy weather. Pjanic is slightly more mobile, Cesc tackles more, but they both have big weaknesses. Even in possesion, Cesc is suspicious under pressure unlike Modric, Veratti, Iniesta etc. 

First we need top experienced CB to pair with Zouma, think Godin. Then we need top B2B, think Matuidi or Naingolan. Then we need quality finisher to give some versatility in attack along Costa. 

-----------------Tibo----------------

---Azpi-Zouma-Godin-LB?--

------Matuidi-Matic-Cesc------

----------Hazard/Willian--------

--Costa-Griezmann/Hazard--

With Godin, we improve defense, with Matuidi, we bring balance, speed and workrate in middle, with Griz we bring goals. Should Conte arrive, 4:3:1:2 is one of his formations he worked with before, so its possible. 

Godin has said he'll retire at Atleti. Real possibilities are either Christensen or Marquinhos. 

17 hours ago, DYC. said:

Pjanic and Cesc in midfield. What a nightmare. You'd have a heart-attack every time the ball is lost. More holes in your midfield than a piece of cheese from Tom & Jerry. If you're going to play two playmakers/passers in midfield, at least one of them has to be dynamic and/or athletic. Think Modric. Or an aggressor and someone with an genuine defensive nous. Think Verratti. And at least one of them should be capable of holding the ball under (immense) pressure. You can point at Iniesta and Xavi and call them lightweight and soft but they are legendary players. Cesc and Pjanic don't compare. Not to mention the fact they played with Busquets behind them, with a game winner - no, trophy winner - Messi in front of them and most importantly, played in an incredibly dominant system which was almost unfair. There's a reason nobody has been able to emulate them. Ask Real. Ask Bayern even.

Easier said than done. You say dynamic playmaker "think Modric" and I think very hardly as you want and I can only get with two names and that is Modric and Gundogan. No one else at this level who is dynamic and a playmaker. Unless something has to give in either aspect. Or unless there is a hidden gem somewhere that we don't know yet.

(Or unless we're moving Musonda to CM position)

17 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

If you really believe Oscar can rejuvenate himself, than I should end the conversation already. Pjanic and Cesc are both quality on the ball and are capable of quick passing, so any physical attempt would probably result in late challenges by the opposition. For me, they just need a "cleaner" behind them and that's all.  

Ofcourse, my opinion.

I m talking about off the ball situations and when they are under real pressure....and yels Oscar is capable of rejuvenate himself.....but that debate is for another day and for the incoming manager to decide...

3 hours ago, eemanyooel said:

I m talking about off the ball situations and when they are under real pressure....and yels Oscar is capable of rejuvenate himself.....but that debate is for another day and for the incoming manager to decide...

Maybe. I'd prefer to have Pjanic off the ball to Oscar, but that is just me, I guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Pjanic has scored 11 goals and assisted teammates 11 times in 35 appearances in all competitions so far this season. I was reading that Pjanic clause is £32m such a steal the question mark I have is can Pjanic and fabregas play in the same team 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You