Micah Richards

Milan

I always rated him but he does seem to get caught out a lot especially with positioning at times. He also seems too big if you know what i mean. He reacts poorly, well that's what i've noticed in the last couple of years and also at these olympics too. When he has a good day, he's one of the best RB's in the business but when he's bad, he's pretty bad

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would take him in a heartbeat but unfortunately I can't see him leaving Man City. Why would he want to leave and why would City ever want to sell him, especially to a direct rival?

I remember Franck Leboeuf saying that he dislikes Richards because he stays attacks to often and stays forward too often. He also mentioned ManCity conceded the most goals on their right flank - but only when Richards played. Now, im no expert on Richards but even I noticed he likes to get forward. Sorry, Artinho but when it comes down to it, I'm going to listen to Leboeuf.

I don't think assists really matter because Dani Alves had 7 assists last season.

I was kind of disappointed with Richards in his turn out for Britain in the football.. Maybe I'm being slightly rash, but maybe there's a good reason why Capello & Hodgson & Mancini looked the other way at Richards?

I was kind of disappointed with Richards in his turn out for Britain in the football.. Maybe I'm being slightly rash, but maybe there's a good reason why Capello & Hodgson & Mancini looked the other way at Richards?

Perhaps as a main RB yes. But Richards would provide very good competition and very good back up to Ivanovic IMO.

Perhaps as a main RB yes. But Richards would provide very good competition and very good back up to Ivanovic IMO.

I don't think there's any point in that then. He's probably on a huge wage amount at City so we'd have to match that, then there's the mission of paying City a fee for which they'd show no mercy over.. Just cause they can. Because he's English too we're looking at something like £15million for him.

If we're looking at "back-ups" to Ivanovic it should be someone cheaper like the current, rumoured, target Azpil-.

I don't think there's any point in that then. He's probably on a huge wage amount at City so we'd have to match that, then there's the mission of paying City a fee for which they'd show no mercy over.. Just cause they can. Because he's English too we're looking at something like £15million for him.

If we're looking at "back-ups" to Ivanovic it should be someone cheaper like the current, rumoured, target Azpil-.

Doubt he is on huge wages considering be came through the academy.

If he's available at a reasonable price, he'd be very good back up to Ivanovic and also good competition to him.

If we're looking for a new starting RB, which I don't see the point in, we're going to have to spend more than £20m to find anyone better than Ivanovic IMO.

• 4 months later...

Erm, not sure what to make of this...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2256464/Micah-Richards-latest-Rafael-Benitez-wont-rule-Manchester-City-defender.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Rafa Benitez added to the intrigue surrounding Micah Richards’ unexpected appearance at Stamford Bridge last night by refusing to rule out a move for the Manchester City defender.

Richards, who has been injured for most of the season, began the speculation when he appeared at the main entrance an hour before the game.

Benitez was given the chance after Chelsea’s shock 1-0 defeat by QPR to confirm that Richards was only in London to watch the game.

Instead, just as he responded to questions about his incoming signing Demba Ba, he simply replied: ‘We don’t discuss other teams’ players.’

It was a surprising response considering Richards’ status at Manchester City and the Barclays Premier League champions will be surprised that Benitez didn’t dismiss the prospect of a transfer out of hand.

Chelsea have relied on central defender Branislav Ivanovic to play at right back in the past, although Cesar Azpilicueta has played the last five games.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You