Micah Richards

Milan

Man City defender could leave and join Premier League rival

Chelsea, Aston Villa and Liverpool are all in chase for the England international

News of the World reports that Man City defender Micah Richards could leave the club in the summer. Richards (20) has not had the progress everyone would have thought.

He played for England as a teenager and has 11 caps to date. He has not been involved much under Fabio Capello and a move away from Man City is likely.

Liverpool was earlier mentioned as a possible new club, with Chelsea also a candidate. Aston Villa is the latest club to be linked with Richards.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

He's is a very good player, but do we really need him?

I mean, if Bosingwa returns, we've got Bosingwa, Richards, Ferreira, Beletti and even Ivanovic who could play at right-back. In the centre we also got enough players i think? With Terry, Carvalho, Alex and Ivanovic! Add Richards to that list and we'll have 5 potential right-backs and 4 potential Centre-backs, isn't that a bit overdone?

Edited by Blueboy

He was be an awesome signing, i know we have more than enough cover for RB but he is young, very good and english.

:yes:

I agree with that, but how you're going to use him in the current situation? When does he fit in? And who do you leave out?

He would be an awesome signing, i know we have more than enough cover for RB but he is young, very good and english.

:yes:

We should give Mancienne his fair share of chances before we consider this guy IMO.

Mancienne is not a right back no matter how many times he has covered in that position.

Yeah, but if we sign Richards he'll push Mancienne further down the pecking order at CB anyway.

Richards looked immense when he first burst onto the scene at City but has gone off the boil recently and that has seen him dropped from Fabio Capello's plans. However if he was able to regain the form which first propelled him into the limelight then would love to see him come to Chelsea. Another young English defender would definitely be welcomed, I agree with John Terry in this football blog where he states that new faces need to come to Stamford Bridge.

It's true we could need some extra players during the period of the ACON. But i think Ancelotti should balance it. Also give the youth a chance of playing when we are missing players due to the ACON of injuries!

• 3 weeks later...

I know there were rumours a couple weeks ago about Chelsea's interest in Richards, but after watching him today you have to think he would be a big target. He was a beast today. He did everything perfect on D and really supported on Offense when it came to set pieces. He would be a great young addition to the D.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You