Chelsea vs APOEL

BlueLion.

Carlo seems to be furious concidering the latest comment on the clubs website.

and so am I. it is not exactly what we´ve needed after two losses in a row - not a draw against a team no one has ever heard of before.

i don´t think that the situation is the same as last year with Scolari because even if we play bad we still play better than last winter.

I am sure we will win the next game against Everton, because after today, every single player has understand (or at least has to ) what it means having to play like champions.

there are some positivities about todays game though:

we fought back, turned the game around with two very good goals

and having two real diamonds in Gael Kakuta and Borini for the future.

of course, that wins us nothing but is something to build on for the weekend.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REACTION: TOO SOFT, TOO SLOW

Carlo Ancelotti believes the 2-2 draw with APOEL on Tuesday night was the worst performance since he has been manager.

Having clawed our way back from behind to lead,our concentration slipped in the closing minutes as we allowed ourCypriot visitors to equalise, ending a run of 12 straight home wins.

'It was not a good evening. We did well firsthalf, played well and scored two goals with intensity but the secondhalf was totally different, we lost intensity, we lost concentration,played too slowly, too soft. The second half was not good,' Ancelottisaid afterwards.

'I am unhappy because we have to play 90 minuteswith intensity and concentration. The result was not important, but itis important to play our best every game. Tonight was not like we want.The second half, I don't have problems to say this, we played bad.

'I think it is psychological. I see every dayplayers train very well in all psychological situations. Tomorrow willbe different.'

There was concern also for Michael Essien,who limped off with a hamstring injury after smashing home our first ofthe evening. He is not expected to be fit for the visit of Everton onSaturday.

'He has a problem with his leg, we have to lookthe next days and we will do a check tomorrow I think,' the managersaid. 'We hope that it is not a big problem, but he is not availablefor Saturday.'

One bright note was a first start for 18-year-oldFrenchman Gael Kakuta, who played 72 minutes before making way foranother youngster, Fabio Borini.

'Kakuta is the only one who I think tonightplayed well, he showed his talent and did fantastic passes for thesecond goal,' Ancelotti said. 'We have to look at him, stay calm and hewill be the future of Chelsea.'

CFC

Edited by Steve.

Joe Cole was brilliant. I'm not at all worried by the result; we'd already qualified and we've come through the group stages unscathed. Fairest result was the draw; we were wasteful, yes, but APOEL played well. Credit to their fans as well, they outsung us bar the period we equalised and went 2-1 up.

On the other hand, Gael Kakuta really impressed me. He got stuck in, and he fed in a terrific through ball to Zhirkov, who set up Drogba's goal. Give him a few games more and we'll be saying "who the fuck is Aaron Lennon??"

Kakuta already has a more advanced footballing brain then what lennon has. Kakuta showed that he is just not a quick skilful dribbler he showed he is creative too.

Big blow to confidence that we have gone 3 games without a win now! Even though the result was not important. Missed too many chances to put the game to bed and wasn't up to standard again.

Zhirkov had a good game and is getting better all the time, i am still waiting to see him played higher up the pitch, i think he would do well there for us. Kakuta had a great game too, showing some lovely touches and his passing was very impressive, one thing we are missing from him though playing in the role he is, is that we are not getting the chance to see him run at defenders which is something he is exceptional at. For me he has earned the right to play against Everton ahead of Deco and Cole...

Something i picked from this game was that we could play Kakuta instead of Joe Cole/Deco coming saturday. Maybe something like Joe Cole in the first half, Kakuta in the second. We shouldn't put too much pressure on him, so maybe a game like against Everton isn't exaxctly what he needs because it's so crucial for us.

a bit disappointed game the only advantage is that Kakuta still improve and Zhirkov played good match. i hope that Essien feel ok and he will be capable to play against Everton because with Mikel and his back pass i worry we can't handle it. Zhirkov should get chance in first squad because i think it's waste his offensive ability when he play as left-back we should let Yuri play where he would like to play and feel more comfortable and i think it's winger positon. I don't know why but when i was watching yesterday game and game against Porto i have to say that "christmas tree" tactic don't convice me and i wonder why Carlo don't want to play 4 -diamond -2 as usually. We got a lot of problems playing this tactic, when we lose the it's a bit difficult to get it back and opponents are able to fast set up counterattack (like Porto did). IMO we should stay with 4-4-2 and let youngster play because it's our main tactic so youngester should learn get used to it.

Kakuta had a great game too, showing some lovely touches and his passing was very impressive, one thing we are missing from him though playing in the role he is, is that we are not getting the chance to see him run at defenders which is something he is exceptional at. For me he has earned the right to play against Everton ahead of Deco and Cole...

I think carlo told him to use his vision and not run with it that much, because everytime he had the ball they had 10 men behind the ball.

I think carlo told him to use his vision and not run with it that much, because everytime he had the ball they had 10 men behind the ball.

Possibly, but playing behind the strikers there is never going to be the space to run with the ball as there is on the wings, but in this formation it is the best place to play him. I though he did very well still.

Finally, what was going on with the Apoel supporters?? Seriously, I've never heard such a noisy bunch of bastards in my life. I seriously felt I was supporting an away side. They really did teach us how to follow a team through a match, totally outsang us. :whistling:

The apoel fans were brilliant last night what a mad bunch they put us to shame but wtf was that when they had their back to the game and were jumping up and down. Weird bunch.

Had a good night though despite the draw.

apoel fans yesterday were B E A Utifyl. What was that? never seen anyfin like that before... wierd people arent they? really enjoyed it.

especially an evil "a a apoel" song near the end of the match... scary innit?

akward performance though but kakuta was great yesterday

The apoel fans were brilliant last night what a mad bunch they put us to shame but wtf was that when they had their back to the game and were jumping up and down. Weird bunch.

Had a good night though despite the draw.

Yeh lol and at the beginning during think it was Liquaidator doing some random clapping thing..I duno what it was but when the game got crap you just ended up watching them instead..but most European fans in CL games are like that so lalalallalala mad

But you knew soon as the annocer dude said about the clean sheet..you knew that was gana go lol.I dont think Turnbull did to bad!Just odd mistakes but hey practise and all that jazz

Edited by Laylabelle

Well, I hope we don't play like we did yesterday when the knockout stages start for the CL.

Yeah crazy Apoel fans. I noticed that with the Atletico Madrid fans I think it was, they were crazy too, unlike in MH Upper last night which was absolutely dead. Looking forward to going back to MH Lower in January.