Chelsea vs APOEL

BlueLion.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows Kakuta playing Badboy?

He was killing them for the 70 mins he was on his vision was brilliant, very similar to kaka the way he picks passes out without thinking. His through ball lead to drogba's goal and he put joe cole through as well he played clever one two's and his pace was lethal. He played behind drogba and later on in the match carlo told him to play further forward in the aguero rooney role. apoel played 10 men behind the ball and he still found space, the boy is a talent and i can see him starting against everton.

Edited by Badboy

Bloody hell.......From the second we went in front we wasted numerous chances to kill the game off. we've no one to blame but ourselves. We took our foot off the gas and fucked around too much and the passing became very sloppy.

The first 20 minutes we were murdering them down the left side....why didnt we concentrate more on exploiting that?

Turnbull should have done better with the first goal. Imo he's not a keeper brimming with confidence. A Keeper on top form would have been diving straight out at his feet instead of slide tackling ffs. The 2nd goal was the tip of the iceberg and showed we need to stop fannying about thinking we have games won. Mikel should be fined a weeks wages for a pass like that. I know it was a nothing game and the result has no consequences, but had that been in the knockout stage when away goals become so much important we could end up out on our arse.

Thats 3 below par performances in a row now. We have to pick ourselves up against Everton and get out of this rut.

Looks like the Blackburn CC loss has had its effect, as I predicted. The psyche of the team is damaged. There is no way in hell we should draw against APOEL at home with the squad we put out today. No way.

And people have to stop saying, "Well at least..." after these losses. After Blackburn it was "At least it was only the CC, who cares." After City it was "At least we're still 2 points up on United." And today its "At least we finsihed top of the group". If we're not careful these same people will be saying "At least we're within 1 point of United" after Everton this weekend, and "At least we finished second in the league" at the end of the season, or "At least we got to see some of the young guys this season".

"At least" is not good enough for a team of this caliber. They need to play better to achieve "the most".

It really is starting to feel like deja vu, with Carlo playing the role of Scolari.

How long til they call Guus back? Good thing Russia missed out on the WC - he might actually come back...

COME ON YOU BLUES! GET BACK ON TRACK!

Bloody hell.......From the second we went in front we wasted numerous chances to kill the game off. we've no one to blame but ourselves. We took our foot off the gas and fucked around too much and the passing became very sloppy.

The first 20 minutes we were murdering them down the left side....why didnt we concentrate more on exploiting that?

Turnbull should have done better with the first goal. Imo he's not a keeper brimming with confidence. A Keeper on top form would have been diving straight out at his feet instead of slide tackling ffs. The 2nd goal was the tip of the iceberg and showed we need to stop fannying about thinking we have games won. Mikel should be fined a weeks wages for a pass like that. I know it was a nothing game and the result has no consequences, but had that been in the knockout stage when away goals become so much important we could end up out on our arse.

Thats 3 below par performances in a row now. We have to pick ourselves up against Everton and get out of this rut.

They've all got consequences, though. This team is broken right now. It is not working properly, and that is a cumulative result of the past 3 games. Everton is on a high and we are as low as we've bneen all season. A home loss this weekend would not surprise me, although it would anger and sadden me greatly.

Back from the game,bloody annoying to concede so late on esp as really Turnbull had little to do but hey ho,they had all to play for we just wanted to perform well which at times we didnt but things to look at etc

.Very sloopy play at times but hopfully we can get it out the way before Sat..better do anyway and we had 2 offside goals :(

Katuta though great performance never stopped running!!

Just hope Essien ok :(

Edited by Laylabelle

Positives :

-Kakuta was excellent , looks like a genuine top prospect.

- We finished the group top and undefeated

- Drogba scored again

The Negatives :

- Complacent. You got to see out games like that , confidence looks a little fragile at the moment.

- Defensively frail , we have looked welland truly weak at the back in the last 3 games , not good enough.

- Under performing by certain players ( Malouda , Belletti , Mikel , Turnbull )

- The tip of the diamond. I know Joe Cole is working his way back to fitness still but seriously from a creative stand point it wasnt good enough again tonight , too many missed passes , too many mis-controled touches , too many flicks that didnt work. Its a clear problem area in the side.

- I miss Alex

I was at the game with my dad, and I thought the Mikel backpass was just stupid! He might as well just given them a point on a hot steaming plate. And to think we had dozens of chances to kill off the game. APOEL have one chance to score in front of the visiting fans and they don't disappoint.

Turnbull needs to get the next ticket out of this club, he's just no fucking good at all. I would have much rather seen Hilario between the posts if Cech wasn't starting, although I think he's injured, which is just as well. I think it makes sense to point out that Turnbull has proved to be a right dunce of a signing since he came from a relagating Middlesbrough side last season.

On the other hand, Gael Kakuta really impressed me. He got stuck in, and he fed in a terrific through ball to Zhirkov, who set up Drogba's goal. Give him a few games more and we'll be saying "who the fuck is Aaron Lennon??"

Finally, what was going on with the Apoel supporters?? Seriously, I've never heard such a noisy bunch of bastards in my life. I seriously felt I was supporting an away side. They really did teach us how to follow a team through a match, totally outsang us. :whistling: