Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

He learned a lot under Zola during his previous loan spell.

Premiership loan is terrific bit how good a coach is Dyche?

Dyche is supposed to be a fairly progressive manager and he's not opposed to giving young players a shot (Trippier, Ings). Chalobah is probably a better player than Marney or Jones so should get game time.

Best of luck to him because Burnley have got about 16 games before he can come back in January and if he can make an impression in those matches then he could certainly be in contention when Mikel takes his biennial holiday.

This could be a crucial loan for him. If he has another sub-par loan, he's in trouble. Best of luck to him.

I think he's already in trouble with the likes of Baker around, the quality already in the first team and what is available to us through the transfer market. I don't think he has a Chelsea future personally but good luck to him and hopefully he makes me eat my words.

The club messed up his development last season unfortunately. You can't waste the first half of a season at that age and whilst Everton and Liverpool threw Barkley and Sterling in respectively and reaped the benefits, we sent Nat to a team that simply didn't suit him.

That setback is no different to Van Ginkel or Romeu's injuries in the effect it has on their development.

The club messed up his development last season unfortunately. You can't waste the first half of a season at that age and whilst Everton and Liverpool threw Barkley and Sterling in respectively and reaped the benefits, we sent Nat to a team that simply didn't suit him.

That setback is no different to Van Ginkel or Romeu's injuries in the effect it has on their development.

The difference being Sterling is the best talent in football while Barkley isn't too far behind. Nothing about Chalobah on the other hand stands out from either a defensive or offensive aspect. He doesn't have the engine of a Nemanja Matic, he isn't as composed as Mikel on the ball and he doesn't have the technical ability of RLC.

The difference being Sterling is the best talent in football while Barkley isn't too far behind. Nothing about Chalobah on the other hand stands out from either a defensive or offensive aspect. He doesn't have the engine of a Nemanja Matic, he isn't as composed as Mikel on the ball and he doesn't have the technical ability of RLC.

Matic has been criticised for his engine. I wouldn't say it's poor but I wouldn't say it 'stands out' at this point in time. Chalobah's composure however is something I would say is exceptional. RLC's technical ability is very impressive but I'd say Chalobah's was as well.

But hey, that's my opinion from watching him play a lot over the last 5 or so years. Let's just agree to disagree.

Commiserations that your dream might not come true by the way.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what the issue is with quoting external text so I'll just copy-paste this.

The England U21 international admits he could stay on past that point, but he is determined to prove to Jose Mourinho that there is a place for him within the star-studded ranks in west London.

Chalobah said: “It puts us both in a good position, me and the club, we’ve just got to see how things go.

“I’m a Chelsea player and I’m always going to have that belief I can play for Chelsea, that’s not going to change.

“At the end of the day, there are world class players there at the minute and I’m still really young.

“I’m trying to learn as much as I can with all the loans I’ve had and take as much experience as I can out of it, so for me it is more about developing as a player and a person and I’ll always go back to Chelsea and compete for a place and if it doesn’t work out I’ll take the experience I’ve had on loan and from playing games to push my career forward.

“To try and come here and give a good impression could obviously put me in a better position when I go back, but at the minute for me it is more about coming here and keeping my head down and working as hard as I can and doing as best as I can for the club and pushing the club forward.

“Chelsea is my club and I think for every player that’s there, there is always the opportunity and I will always have that belief.

“For me coming up here now, I have to think less about Chelsea at the minute and just focus on Burnley because this is where I’m at until January, and possibly a bit longer, so I need to concentrate on Burnley.

“Playing in the Championship taught me a lot and Sean Dyche has given me the opportunity now to step up and test myself in the Premier League, so I’m going to give it everything I’ve got.”

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/9471540/transfer-news-burnley-loanee-nathaniel-chalobah-sees-future-at-chelsea

Top attitude.

• 2 weeks later...