Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

I know its very early and this last couple of weeks will be the 1st Contes heard on Nath but I'm sure he's rubbing his hands to find a great young player. And to see how well he's working with N'Golo will get him smiling.

But at the same time you Know Conte will be worried about our lack of creativity at times.

Cescy, not being the fastest, is always better given time and space to do his stuff so keeping him in deep pocket is his place. But N'Golo last night in that 4-1-4-1 he played great. So theres got to be some formation we can use those 3 and keep 2 up front. 

4 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Is it just me, or would a midfield three of Kante, Fabregas, Chalobah be SO good. Maybe Nathaniel is a late bloomer or just works hard for the team. But, it would be ideal to see them like that. At least, if the first two play to their usual standars and the other keeps his good performances coming.

I personally prefer a three man midfield of Kante-Chalobah-Matic.

Fabregas is just sooo slow! His passing game is fantasic but it just isn't enough with his tackling and tracking game being soo weak. 

have Kante in the middle and Matic and Chalobah pressing either side of him! 

27 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

There's zero chance Chalobah becomes a starter this season because of a few pre-season games. He couldn't buy a game at Napoli last season ffs. Aina's the only one with a legitimate shot at starting.

Lots of reasons for that, he still appears to have benefitted from that loan. Indeed many reports suggested they wanted to sign him permanently. You still not rate him then?

4 hours ago, DDA said:

I personally prefer a three man midfield of Kante-Chalobah-Matic.

Fabregas is just sooo slow! His passing game is fantasic but it just isn't enough with his tackling and tracking game being soo weak. 

have Kante in the middle and Matic and Chalobah pressing either side of him! 

Fabregas might tuck in behind the striker, like he does for Spain.

Although I do think he's done well in pre season, imagine if he was owned by Napoli and we signed him? Some of the people clamouring to give him a chance would whinge that we are signing a player who's struggled to play at his two top flight teams.

Just now, Tomo said:

Although I do think he's done well in pre season, imagine if he was owned by Napoli and we signed him? Some of the people clamouring to give him a chance would whinge that we are signing a player who's struggled to play at his two top flight teams.

True. But I'd imagine this signings having already silenced those critics with a series of extraordinary performances in pre-season. Heck how many people here are calling for Moses to be kept and he has not even been half as good as Chalobah. Also the guy Nat would replace in the squad is John Obi Mikel. That alone should suffice. 

maybe not starting in PL squad,,but with 20 minutes in every PL games, first team in FA & COC is still a good chance for him. and don't forget he can grab the situation if one of Fabs/Matic make a shit form like last season. i believe in Conte....

10 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Anybody thinking that maybe Chalobah is going to play as CB?

I came to this forum about to write the same thing. Not that I think he should play CB but that maybe we should give him a look there.

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I came to this forum about to write the same thing. Not that I think he should play CB but that maybe we should give him a look there.

He is calm, mature, good on the ball, fast, very versatile player, played CB for Steve Clarke in Reading. Also Conte is love with ball playing defenders.