test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Clevemayer

Nathaniel Chalobah

Started by Clevemayer,

1,870 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, Leif said:

I loathe WAGNH articles, but I love the smacks of realism you get in the comments there compared to here (I still love u guys though)

"Ok.Right now he is our academy grad who has 5 appearances with an average of slightly over 11 minutes each substitute, midfield player in games in which we are leading and hoping to keep the shop doors closed for whom we hope has a great future ahead of him. I’m glad he is trusted with that role and hope he flourishes, finding even greater success. But none of us can say he is our ever dependable midfield destroyer because he simply hasn’t played enough for us to know that yet."

Then there's some comment basically saying "So, Mikel?". I choked on my crisp.

Thats similar to what I said about Bats, I like both the lads but when the time realy comes that we need them every bugga will moan becvause theyt didnt set the world on fire cause theyve had no plating time, Again Bats got 2 mins this week. Whats the point? I just hope we can rotate a bit during this relatively quiet next few weeks. 

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Thats similar to what I said about Bats, I like both the lads but when the time realy comes that we need them every bugga will moan becvause theyt didnt set the world on fire cause theyve had no plating time, Again Bats got 2 mins this week. Whats the point? I just hope we can rotate a bit during this relatively quiet next few weeks. 

I'm thinking they will get more chances with fixtures piling up in Dec

With Mikel unfortunately gone now it seems like Nat is gonna fill that void in my heart longing for a composed lanky midfielder.

The Skipper likes this

Does anybody here believe he can become a box to box? He seems reliable defensively, and seems to have an eye for a pass, but he doesn't score many goals. What type of central midfielder could you label him as? 

37 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Does anybody here believe he can become a box to box? He seems reliable defensively, and seems to have an eye for a pass, but he doesn't score many goals. What type of central midfielder could you label him as? 

A clear DM!!!

Man he's really calm and composed. Conte must have seen him in Italy prior and clearly Nat's learned composure on the ball on time on loan.

With all the hype Loftus-Cheek received last season, the pressure was less on Chalobah and it's worked in his favour. It will be a good day when Chalobah, Ake, Aina and Loftus-Cheek are on the same pitch in a league game! (of course I know we're a way off that, but it's encouraging that it's more realistic than any other manager past)

Miguelito and kellzfresh like this

My favorite thing about him might be his body language. He runs, walks, etc around the pitch like he OWNS it. Just so confident.

I'm very much with@OhForAGreavsie in the camp that he should be starting over matic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Miguelito said:

My favorite thing about him might be his body language. He runs, walks, etc around the pitch like he OWNS it. Just so confident.

I'm very much with@OhForAGreavsie in the camp that he should be starting over matic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely agree with you. In fact I have used exactly the same phrase you did to describe Nat's on pitch persona. He does indeed move around as if he owns the place.

I first made that point more than four years ago when Nat was captaining the youth team and most recently repeated it earlier this season when I argued that, if he can make himself an automatic starter, Nat would be the perfect choice to claim the armband as JT's long-term successor.

Now there is something I must add. I have many times in the past written off Nat's chances of making it at Chelsea. If he does become a starter, and the club captain to boot, he will have proved me to be comprehensively wrong. 

Miguelito, Amblève. and Unionjack like this

He played  quite a good game tonight against germany´s U21,even though England lost 1:0.Was the captain today and he was one of the only few players for England that performed.

19 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

:lol::lol:

Haha, if you watch the complete video online, the camera shows Willian in the background having a laugh.

6 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Chalobah > Bakayoko

Is that good thing or bad thing? 

He's a good player. Wonder how he'd have developed with more regular game time here. Love how proactive he is in getting the ball forward. He also needs to get that confidence he had in the final third at youth level back - he's definitely good enough to stick around next year. 

Amblève. and Miguelito like this

I hope Chalo is given more game time this season to see if he can make it. Last year of his contract i can see (and you cant blame him) leaving for free if not given any game time. Would be another of our 'top youth prospects' walking away for nothing 

blueblood22 likes this