Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Does anyone know exactly what's going to happen with Nat? I feel like (and hope) he should stay and train with the first team. He would make a brilliant Matic understudy.

It would be really nice to see but, to be honest, I'm pinning my hopes for the next home grown first teamer on other lads, not on Nate. Don't believe Nate is going to make it here.

Ah, thanks. Yeah, a bit surprising. You'd have expected that FIFA insist that their interpretation is used.

Anyway, hopefully something we learn from for future players.

I'm guessing, and it's a pure guess, that FIFA regard U21 teams in England as equivalent to 'B' teams elsewhere and, since 'B' teams take part in more than one national championship, their games have to be regarded as official. Hopefully FIFA will clear up the confusion by removing the 'B' team designation from English U21 sides rather than by insisting that The FA must do it their way.

I'm guessing, and it's a pure guess, that FIFA regard U21 teams in England as equivalent to 'B' teams elsewhere and, since 'B' teams take part in more than one national championship, their games have to be regarded as official. Hopefully FIFA will clear up the confusion by removing the 'B' team designation from English U21 sides rather than by insisting that The FA must do it their way.

Better yet, imo, the FA clear it up by turning U21 teams into B teams that can compete in lower leagues. But that's just the AVB in me speaking :P

It would be really nice to see but, to be honest, I'm pinning my hopes for the next home grown first teamer on other lads, not on Nate. Don't believe Nate is going to make it here.

of course he isnt .. just like josh ,,, WE musnt make the same mistakes with Ake ,, RLC Boga and others

Better yet, imo, the FA clear it up by turning U21 teams into B teams that can compete in lower leagues. But that's just the AVB in me speaking :P

Can't wait for that to happen.

Then when they suffer inconsistent results and sometimes even hammerings against lower league opposition the clamouring to wack them in the first Xl before they are out of nappys will stop.

The right window to introduce him as a squad player was really after that Watford loan. What a shame.

Can't wait for that to happen.

Then when they suffer inconsistent results and sometimes even hammerings against lower league opposition the clamouring to wack them in the first Xl before they are out of nappys will stop.

Obviously if that happens we'd have to make signings to the the U21s. Imagine someone like Ola Aina playing competitive football in the championship!

Is anyone else guilty of showing little to no interest at all in the progress/loan moves of players whose chances of making it here is close to nil i.e players like Feruz, Mceacheran and unfortunately Chalobah has been added to that list AFAIC

I think we all are to a certain degree. Mario Pasalic for example has been a nailed on starter for Elche all season where he has been moved to a central midfielder role rather than attacking one and has, I read, been doing rather well. But he seems to be completely forgotten by Chelsea fans (and maybe even management?).

Is anyone else guilty of showing little to no interest at all in the progress/loan moves of players whose chances of making it here is close to nil i.e players like Feruz, Mceacheran and unfortunately Chalobah has been added to that list AFAIC

Yep, also dont really care about Feruz, McEachran, Perica, Pasalic, Davilla, Cuevas, Rodriguez - I don't believe they will play any official game in Chelsea shirt

Chalobah, Piazon and Todd Kane (last one more because I just like him, dont believe he will play here also) are on the edge :)

I think we all are to a certain degree. Mario Pasalic for example has been a nailed on starter for Elche all season where he has been moved to a central midfielder role rather than attacking one and has, I read, been doing rather well. But he seems to be completely forgotten by Chelsea fans (and maybe even management?).

Too right. kakuta is having a good season in la liga too but not a single word of recognition. I guess it's just human nature.

Too right. kakuta is having a good season in la liga too but not a single word of recognition. I guess it's just human nature.

Vallecano, right? Yea, i saw a stat that showed Elche haven't won a game in which Pasalic doesn't start, they're like 4-6 with him when he does, so he's obviously naking an impact. But no, most of them won't make it, I also watch Ulises Davila quite a bit.

Hopefully having a good season means we can sell him for a decent fee in the next transfer window...because we really need to start offloading loan players that aren't going to make it at Chelsea

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...