test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Clevemayer

Nathaniel Chalobah

Started by Clevemayer,

1,878 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Is it just me, or would a midfield three of Kante, Fabregas, Chalobah be SO good. Maybe Nathaniel is a late bloomer or just works hard for the team. But, it would be ideal to see them like that. At least, if the first two play to their usual standars and the other keeps his good performances coming.

I personally prefer a three man midfield of Kante-Chalobah-Matic.

Fabregas is just sooo slow! His passing game is fantasic but it just isn't enough with his tackling and tracking game being soo weak. 

have Kante in the middle and Matic and Chalobah pressing either side of him! 

kellzfresh likes this

There's zero chance Chalobah becomes a starter this season because of a few pre-season games. He couldn't buy a game at Napoli last season ffs. Aina's the only one with a legitimate shot at starting.

27 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

There's zero chance Chalobah becomes a starter this season because of a few pre-season games. He couldn't buy a game at Napoli last season ffs. Aina's the only one with a legitimate shot at starting.

Lots of reasons for that, he still appears to have benefitted from that loan. Indeed many reports suggested they wanted to sign him permanently. You still not rate him then?

4 hours ago, DDA said:

I personally prefer a three man midfield of Kante-Chalobah-Matic.

Fabregas is just sooo slow! His passing game is fantasic but it just isn't enough with his tackling and tracking game being soo weak. 

have Kante in the middle and Matic and Chalobah pressing either side of him! 

Fabregas might tuck in behind the striker, like he does for Spain.

Although I do think he's done well in pre season, imagine if he was owned by Napoli and we signed him? Some of the people clamouring to give him a chance would whinge that we are signing a player who's struggled to play at his two top flight teams.

Just now, Tomo said:

Although I do think he's done well in pre season, imagine if he was owned by Napoli and we signed him? Some of the people clamouring to give him a chance would whinge that we are signing a player who's struggled to play at his two top flight teams.

True. But I'd imagine this signings having already silenced those critics with a series of extraordinary performances in pre-season. Heck how many people here are calling for Moses to be kept and he has not even been half as good as Chalobah. Also the guy Nat would replace in the squad is John Obi Mikel. That alone should suffice. 

Tomo and Blue-in-me-Veins like this

maybe not starting in PL squad,,but with 20 minutes in every PL games, first team in FA & COC is still a good chance for him. and don't forget he can grab the situation if one of Fabs/Matic make a shit form like last season. i believe in Conte....

Can someone from the staff please update the thread tags in the current squad section? I keep thinking that we've loaned someone out and I just hadn't read about it yet. 

5 hours ago, Hostedenis said:

never noticed how alike they look

Michy is a pretty good looking man no homo, Chalobah looks like the average guy on the street. Don't see it apart from the hairstyles.

10 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Anybody thinking that maybe Chalobah is going to play as CB?

I came to this forum about to write the same thing. Not that I think he should play CB but that maybe we should give him a look there.

J.F. likes this

9 minutes ago, J.F. said:

Anybody thinking that maybe Chalobah is going to play as CB?

The way things are going, i can easily see him and Mikel playing as CBs and RLC as a striker. Can't wait to see this team in action, it will dominate the league.

Essien19 likes this

Please no. He is a CM and should stay that way. We have a talented young defender in TImori in the ranks, why not just use him if this is possibly a plan. Clarke-Salter deserves a chance too. 

blueblood22 likes this

1 minute ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I came to this forum about to write the same thing. Not that I think he should play CB but that maybe we should give him a look there.

He is calm, mature, good on the ball, fast, very versatile player, played CB for Steve Clarke in Reading. Also Conte is love with ball playing defenders.

5 minutes ago, It's too big said:

Please no. He is a CM and should stay that way. We have a talented young defender in TImori in the ranks, why not just use him if this is possibly a plan. Clarke-Salter deserves a chance too. 

Both those guys are years away. 

When Nathaniel was in our youth system he was a CB much like Ake, he can definitely player there its just a matter of whether or not the manager believes he can. He's a leader.

Could be a possibility, has played there before also, so why not?
Then again we have Tomori and JCS that deserve a look as well.

8 minutes ago, BlueSunshine said:

The way things are going, i can easily see him and Mikel playing as CBs and RLC as a striker. Can't wait to see this team in action, it will dominate the league.

Mercy please NO!

I think Nath has come on well last year and I'd like to see him staying. He will be good. Him/N'Golo/Cescy could make a great 3 man central team with Cescy playing deep. Course hes not fact or the best at defending but hes anout the best we got as far as creativity. If he gets the time and space he needs wew will do just fine.

Essien19 likes this