Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

I said a while ago, I dont see the purpose of our youth set up if we actaully end up ruining this young kids careers by endless loans lets face it if I was a manager of another team I would not give 100% effort on improving someone else's prospect. Different with more estabilshed players ie De Bruyne, Lukaku, Courtois they offer something more than potential unlike players like Josh, Nat. Bamford who need to be nurtured well to achieve their potential. Lets face it had McCeran or Chalobah been at Arsenal they would be world class players by now, with all the potential they have. Chelsea as a club a short sighted thus we will never see a youth prospect break into our first team, the cycle will continue on and on as long as we have a sugar daddy we will never be able to produce one of our own

He's not ready (the jump to the Premier League is a massive one even for more polished, more experiences, and more accomplished players) and we don't have enough game time to give him to develop.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/paul-pogba.278058/

I said a while ago, I dont see the purpose of our youth set up if we actaully end up ruining this young kids careers by endless loans lets face it if I was a manager of another team I would not give 100% effort on improving someone else's prospect. Different with more estabilshed players ie De Bruyne, Lukaku, Courtois they offer something more than potential unlike players like Josh, Nat. Bamford who need to be nurtured well to achieve their potential. Lets face it had McCeran or Chalobah been at Arsenal they would be world class players by now, with all the potential they have. Chelsea as a club a short sighted thus we will never see a youth prospect break into our first team, the cycle will continue on and on as long as we have a sugar daddy we will never be able to produce one of our own

in short, u want us to be like arsenal. tell me what has arsenal won it the last 10 years? an FA cup?

i am sorry dude, but it seems that roman, the board, JOSE and the club as whole put more precendence on success rather than the future of players like mceachran and kakuta who have been said to have a problem with even training.

but u know what, jose has just included ake and andreas in the first team squads. 2 youth players. while saying that people like bamford, chalobah might be a part in coming years.

but hell to that, we should just send a team of U-21s for the PL.

Let me guess, Conor Clifford would be as good as Gerrard by now if he went to Arsenal?

Youth development works both ways, you can't expect every half decent prospect to play at 18,

Exactly. We should assume that every young player with any talent is secretly a start player because it happened to one player. Let's just run out our youth team because Paul Pogba did it! Feruz, Loftus-Cheek, Bamford, Baker...we will have a team of potentially elite players! (And finish in the relegation zone). Pogba is a rarity, even the exception. You can't point out the exception and say that's why we should be doing something. There have been thousands and thousands of players who have played in the Championship in the last decade, played in youth teams and exactly how many of them went immediately helping out even mid-table Premier league sides? For every Pogba, there are a thousand Zahas, a thousand Tom Inces, and a thousand Wes Hoolahans. And those were players who were elite in the Championship, not someone who was benched regularly. Maybe Chalobah could play with Chelsea this year and be a great player but historically those odds are probably not even 0.1% and why risj it? What exactly is the benefit? Almost no chance of making an impact and no game time for a player who badly needs development all because fans want to see a young player play? If he's good enough, he'll force his way here eventually and if he's not, he won't. He isn't good enough yet.

in short, u want us to be like arsenal. tell me what has arsenal won it the last 10 years? an FA cup?

What about all of those Top 4 finishes? Doesn't that count as Silverware :Goober:

Well that is what le voyeur would like everyone to believe. Remember this quote?

"The first trophy is to finish in the top four," - le voyeur

I guess for some people that is the main goal to achieve during a League season

As fans we tend to overrate most of our youth players. Its to do with us being known as a buying club and not one that promotes talent within. Therefore everytime we have a player who can kick a ball straight, we believe he will be the next John Terry. So many examples...

And more than likely playing for us,Man United, or Man city by now :D

Exactly. We should assume that every young player with any talent is secretly a start player because it happened to one player.

Not at all. I'm just saying that what you're saying about Chalobah was said about Pogba, and they're both players I felt were of a similar standard when they faced one another in the Youth Cup.

You'll notice I'm not saying this about every young player and that's just a strawman you're usually better than.

What exactly is the benefit?

He's a top class talent who has a long association with this club, has shown leadership qualities at every age level, is homegrown but more importantly is an English national. Stuff like that matters to Chelsea supporters.

Chalobah definitely, so can Baker. Chalobah would be the perfect Matic understudy, and Baker the perfect Fabregas understudy.

Glad to hear that, I don't have to worry too much if Mikel and Romeu go then. Hopefully, at least one of them will be in the squad.

Best we could hope for if it's true. A PL team who plays against the best teams giving Chalobah much-needed experience against top opposition yet a poor enough team where he should carve out a regular place.