Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

I disagree with the opening statement. Chalobah last season was every bit as good and talented as both players at similar stages of their career. Pogba wasn't even on the peripheral of first team at man utd. unless you can provide evidence that most people here rated him exceptionally highly and genuinely believed he was " first team ready" and could easily get into our team then it's safe to say that your opening remark is not the general consensus

Your point about Wilshere is moot as he went on loan to bolton for only one season and came back straight into the arsenal first team at the age of 18. . . . similar age as Chalobah and he wasn't just sitting on the bench only getting carling cup games neither. He was thrown into the deep end.

And your point regarding Van Ginkel is part of the problem. why buy Van ginkel if you already have Chalobah and Ake. who are, imho, more talented than the dutch. Arsenal could have easily bought a midfielder to block Jack's path into the first team and use that "it's risky to throw youngsters into the deep end" arguement to justify the decision regardless of how talented wilshere was/is.

Pogba has been one of the highest rated prospects in the world from even before he joined utd. Anyone who follows youth football in England "rated him exceptionally high". Regardless of who "rates" who, Jack's ability on the ball at the age of 18 is in a different world than Chalobah and Pogba's physical presence and ability to influence the game was way ahead of Nathanial when he started playing for Juve. And Jack had a season in the PL which is an entire different universe than the championship.

Top teams never wait for anyone. If you expect a team like chelsea to not buy a player for a position they need because they're waiting for a youth player to develop then you're living in fairyland. The suggestion that Chalobah, let alone Ake, are better than MVG is just ridiculous, with all do respect. That's like saying Tod Kane is already better than Azpi! Marco is on a different level technically and tactically, not to mention his experience at a much higher level. Arsenal didn't "wait" for Wilshere; they had the likes of Song, Fabregas, Ramsey..etc but he forced himself into the team just like Pogba did at Juve.

Youth players will only get into a team if they are better than the available options for the team and good enough to be part of the team. That's why Wilshere and Pogba got into Arsenal and Juve and that's why Nathanial is on loan.

Reading Choulo's assessment of Chalobah reminds me of some of the stuff said about Pogba when he was struggling in the reserves at United.

Can't blame him though - maybe he's hoping lightening will strike twice and his club will end up with another highly-rated teenager from an English academy. Sorry Choulo but I can't see Nat joining you and your friends at Juve.

Drink up. :beer:

Reading Choulo's assessment of Chalobah reminds me of some of the stuff said about Pogba when he was struggling in the reserves at United.

Can't blame him though - maybe he's hoping lightening will strike twice and his club will end up with another highly-rated teenager from an English academy. Sorry Choulo but I can't see Nat joining you and your friends at Juve.

Drink up. :beer:

Of course not! He'll obviously be at the 2014 WC with the England squad because he's already better than Mikel and Ramires like you predicted last season :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Of course not! He'll obviously be at the 2014 WC with the England squad because he's already better than Mikel and Ramires like you predicted last season :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Is that the best you've got?

I said if he secured a decent loan this season and impressed (you really don't like it when I actually use the real words I used and not your lies) then he could be a late bolter for the squad.

A bit like Lallana...or Lambert....or Jay Rodriguez....or Ross Barkley....or Andros Townsend....none of these players was close to the squad before this season and only Barkley was realistically on many people's radars.

So why don't you just enjoy your pint....want it in a mug? :beer:

Is that the best you've got?

I said if he secured a decent loan this season and impressed (you really don't like it when I actually use the real words I used and not your lies) then he could be a late bolter for the squad.

A bit like Lallana...or Lambert....or Jay Rodriguez....or Ross Barkley....or Andros Townsend....none of these players was close to the squad before this season and only Barkley was realistically on many people's radars.

So why don't you just enjoy your pint....want it in a mug? :beer:

LOL, yeah whatever makes it less embarrassing for you.
BTW, I do love how you completely ignored the part about you saying that he was, last season, already better than Mikel and Ramires. That one was a classic! :lol:

LOL, yeah whatever makes it less embarrassing for you.
BTW, I do love how you completely ignored the part about you saying that he was, last season, already better than Mikel and Ramires. That one was a classic! :lol:

At the time I thought he was a far better option for us. I still think he'd be a better option than Mikel but Rami has stepped up his game.

Not embarrassed by that.

Drink your pint. :beer:

jesus what a shitstorm of shit the last few posts in this thread have been

Choulo decided to bring up some old shit, I corrected him. He'll probably crack again and release some more of my personal info.

Fucking joke is that I can't even add him to the ignore list....pain in the arse if you just want to talk to Chelsea supporters and ignore the other flotsam.

At the time I thought he was a far better option for us. I still think he'd be a better option than Mikel but Rami has stepped up his game.

Not embarrassed by that.

Drink your pint. :beer:

EDIT - I've decided that I come here to talk to Chelsea supporters so welcome to the ignore list.

Hope to see your face at the Bridge one day....really looking forward to it.

Bye Nour.

Don't tell me, your imaginary mates at the Bridge think the same, right! :lol:

Put me on ignore? Yeah right! You've been trying your best to get on nerves for months...admit it, you ca't live with out me! :wub:

Choulo decided to bring up some old shit, I corrected him. He'll probably crack again and release some more of my personal info.

Fucking joke is that I can't even add him to the ignore list....pain in the arse if you just want to talk to Chelsea supporters and ignore the other flotsam.

Don't tell me, your imaginary mates at the Bridge think the same, right! :lol:

Put me on ignore? Yeah right! You've been trying your best to get on nerves for months...admit it, you ca't live with out me! :wub:

yous two need to settle down I think.

This guy is a joke, I really don't see the point when one's bias demands one to lie to oneself to make one feel better. I'm a Chelsea fan but that doesn't cloud my judgement when it comes to our players and players from other clubs.

I like Chalobah and I think he could make it here, but saying he's comparable or better to/than Pogba is absolutely preposterous.

He never replied to my post when I said that when Pogba left United, he had Juve and many other top clubs lusting for his signature whilst Chalobah had to content himself to another loan to a Championship side, hopelessly arguing that's only because Pogba's older.

The fact that Pogba moved to Juve last year when he was Chalobah's age means nothing to him, as in his head all our youths are a blink away from being Messis and Ronaldos....

Pogba has been one of the highest rated prospects in the world from even before he joined utd. Anyone who follows youth football in England "rated him exceptionally high". Regardless of who "rates" who, Jack's ability on the ball at the age of 18 is in a different world than Chalobah and Pogba's physical presence and ability to influence the game was way ahead of Nathanial when he started playing for Juve. And Jack had a season in the PL which is an entire different universe than the championship.

Really interesting how our memory of top athletes and their potential in their younger days, is so selective. If Van Ginkel were suddenly to explode onto the football scene next year and become a top class player, I wonder if you would remember saying that he bad vision and a simple passing range. Chances are you wouldn't. You would probably remember his remarkable composure, strong tackling and outstanding reading of the game.

Anyway, Paul Pogba at Nathaniel's age (18) most definitely hadn't showed more potential or talent. When Pogba was 17/18, he couldn't even get a decent run in the utd reserves while Nate at that age had become an integral player for Watford. Pogba at 18 was just another face in the pool of hyped up young, talented, midfielders with potential. Yeah he was highly rated, but many are at that age. To make him out to seem like he was a rare talent who was just miles ahead of everyone in the reserves is straight up a revisioning. His emergence as a top talent was more a case of Juventus deciding to take a punt on him than it was with him being an exceptional talent.

I get that there's a tendency on this forum to overrate and exaggerate the potential of some of our young players as was the case with Romeu, but let's not use that as some kind of justification to be pessimistic and dismissive towards the idea of giving one or two of our more, young talented youth academy products chances to move up to the first team. Nate has showed enough talent and enough potential to warrant a place in the first team. This whole argument of "oh well Wilshere and Pogba are the exception because they were just really talented" is such a falsity because it operates from this assumption that clubs give chances to young players only when their ridiculously talented which is not true.