Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

• 2 weeks later...

So it's looking increasingly like this loan deal has been a failure. Forest fans aren't too impressed with him, he hasn't looked all that interested and I think we're well on the way to fucking his development.

Stars in the youth team, goes to Watford, impresses for the majority of the season, comes back to Chelsea and.....goes back out on loan to another Championship club who really aren't much better than the one he was at last season.

Young players can't be trusted in the first team because they 'aren't ready', but we follow the same blueprint of 'development' with every single one of them. It's fucking insane.

So it's looking increasingly like this loan deal has been a failure. Forest fans aren't too impressed with him, he hasn't looked all that interested and I think we're well on the way to fucking his development.

Stars in the youth team, goes to Watford, impresses for the majority of the season, comes back to Chelsea and.....goes back out on loan to another Championship club who really aren't much better than the one he was at last season.

Young players can't be trusted in the first team because they 'aren't ready', but we follow the same blueprint of 'development' with every single one of them. It's fucking insane.

What have Forest fans been saying?

What have Forest fans been saying?

"Chalobah... Looks like a glamour signing to appease the fans. Looked lost since his arrival and Davies has been right to drop him. However, its frightening to think we're playing something close to £25k a week for him. Still early days and has undoubted potential but this one is fast turning into a disaster."

Do you really think that he had many PL offers but chose to go to the championship instead? I do think he should have gone back to Watford, though, were he fit well last season, but the club decided that an extra 5k/wk was more important than his development unfortunately.

Do you really think that he had many PL offers but chose to go to the championship instead? I do think he should have gone back to Watford, though, were he fit well last season, but the club decided that an extra 5k/wk was more important than his development unfortunately.

I actually think it was a good idea sending him elsewhere, i would rather he didn't get to settled in a certain place and feel he has got nothing more to prove.

I actually think it was a good idea sending him elsewhere, i would rather he didn't get to settled in a certain place and feel he has got nothing more to prove.

He proved himself at Championship level though. I see no point in sending him back to a club on EXACTLY the same level when he could be part of our squad.

He plays in a position in which we're desperate for reinforcements, but Mourinho has decided to go in a different direction. If this kid can't make it then what chance do others have?

Maybe that's what the future of this club is. It used to be that players would come through the ranks and the supporters would have a connection with them, but that type of thing isn't important when your first priority is a worldwide tv audience. Who gives a fuck about a 'local guy done good' when the local fans simply aren't that important anymore.

He proved himself at Championship level though. I see no point in sending him back to a club on EXACTLY the same level when he could be part of our squad.

He plays in a position in which we're desperate for reinforcements, but Mourinho has decided to go in a different direction. If this kid can't make it then what chance do others have?

Maybe that's what the future of this club is. It used to be that players would come through the ranks and the supporters would have a connection with them, but that type of thing isn't important when your first priority is a worldwide tv audience. Who gives a fuck about a 'local guy done good' when the local fans simply aren't that important anymore.

I thought he had to go on loan, he only went to the Championship because there were no Premier League clubs after him for some reason. I don't think it's the Club's or Mourinho's fault on this one.

Or we could have grown a pair of balls like Juventus with pogba and Arsenal with Wilshere and actually use his services in the 1st team this season.especially given the paucity of quality in our CM position.

people always say it's risky throwing youngsters into the deep end too early as it might stunt their growth/development but one could also argue that the knack of constantly loaning out players whilst buying established/talented overrated stars who play in the same position as them also blocks the progress of these youngsters and their path into the first team and often causes them to lose motivation as they know that no matter how well they play, they have little chance of consistently benching those expensive players ahead of them in the pecking order. lukaku being a great example of this atm.

Moreover there hasn't actually being many evidence of blooding youngsters too early backfiring. Nathan Ake never looked out of place last season and josh was magnificent under Ancelotti.

people always say it's risky throwing youngsters into the deep end too early as it might stunt their growth/development but one could also argue that the knack of constantly loaning out players whilst buying established/talented overrated stars who play in the same position as them also blocks the progress of these youngsters and their path into the first team and often causes them to lose motivation as they know that no matter how well they play, they have little chance of consistently benching those expensive players ahead of them in the pecking order. lukaku being a great example of this atm.

Moreover there hasn't actually being many evidence of blooding youngsters too early backfiring. Nathan Ake never looked out of place last season and josh was magnificent under Ancelotti.

Exactly. Ake looked better and better last season yet this season he's not got a single look-in. To me that is the worst thing you could do to his development.

What exactly are young players at our club supposed to aspire to? Especially when the fans of their club dismiss anything they do as unimportant because they haven't done it for Chelsea?

Exactly. Ake looked better and better last season yet this season he's not got a single look-in. To me that is the worst thing you could do to his development.

What exactly are young players at our club supposed to aspire to? Especially when the fans of their club dismiss anything they do as unimportant because they haven't done it for Chelsea?

I would bet my mortgage on the possibility that Pogba would have suffered the Lukaku,Chalobah treatment had he joined us instead of Juventus and the irony of it all is that Juve actually had one of the best central midfield in Europe prior to Pogba joining them yet they still gave him sufficent game time despite having world class and established players like Pirlo, Vidal and marchisio ahead of him in the pecking order. could you imagine such scenario happenng at Chelsea? me neither.

And no one can use the small club, midtable team or low ambition argument as the reason why Juventus were able to successfully blood the young french man into the team neither.

Or we could have grown a pair of balls like Juventus with pogba and Arsenal with Wilshere and actually use his services in the 1st team this season.especially given the paucity of quality in our CM position.

One problem: Nathanial is no where near as good as Wilshere and Pogba were when they started playing for Arsenal and Juve. Plus, Wilshere had to be loaned to a PL club and shine there to get a chance with Arsenal while the situation in the Serie A is completely different from the PL when it comes to youth promotion.

It made absolutely no sense for Nathanial to stay, especially with MVG around who plays the same position and is only a couple of years older. Had he stayed, everyone would be criticizing the club for ruining his development by not loaning him out to get game time.

I would bet my mortgage on the possibility that Pogba would have suffered the Lukaku,Chalobah treatment had he joined us instead of Juventus and the irony of it all is that Juve actually had one of the best central midfield in Europe prior to Pogba joining them yet they still gave him sufficent game time despite having world class and established players like Pirlo, Vidal and marchisio ahead of him in the pecking order. could you imagine such scenario happenng at Chelsea? me neither.

And no one can use the small club, midtable team or low ambition argument as the reason why Juventus were able to successfully blood the young french man into the team neither.

Exactly. When we played United in the Youth Cup it was obvious that Chalobah and Pogba were a class above but Pogba has shown what putting a player around other quality players can do. Nat was massively impressive for much of last season at Watford, but he needs to be around better players now. Loaning him back to Forest is pointless when he needs a step-up in the quality he faces and plays around.

There's also the point that he might even make us a better team because that pivot still isn't good enough.

One problem: Nathanial is no where near as good as Wilshere and Pogba were when they started playing for Arsenal and Juve. Plus, Wilshere had to be loaned to a PL club and shine there to get a chance with Arsenal while the situation in the Serie A is completely different from the PL when it comes to youth promotion.

It made absolutely no sense for Nathanial to stay, especially with MVG around who plays the same position and is only a couple of years older. Had he stayed, everyone would be criticizing the club for ruining his development by not loaning him out to get game time.

I disagree with the opening statement. Chalobah last season was every bit as good and talented as both players at similar stages of their career. Pogba wasn't even on the peripheral of first team at man utd. unless you can provide evidence that most people here rated him exceptionally highly and genuinely believed he was " first team ready" and could easily get into our team then it's safe to say that your opening remark is not the general consensus

Your point about Wilshere is moot as he went on loan to bolton for only one season and came back straight into the arsenal first team at the age of 18. . . . similar age as Chalobah and he wasn't just sitting on the bench only getting carling cup games neither. He was thrown into the deep end.

And your point regarding Van Ginkel is part of the problem. why buy Van ginkel if you already have Chalobah and Ake. who are, imho, more talented than the dutch. Arsenal could have easily bought a midfielder to block Jack's path into the first team and use that "it's risky to throw youngsters into the deep end" arguement to justify the decision regardless of how talented wilshere was/is.

I disagree with the opening statement. Chalobah last season was every bit as good and talented as both players at similar stages of their career. Pogba wasn't even on the peripheral of first team at man utd. unless you can provide evidence that most people here rated him exceptionally highly and genuinely believed he was " first team ready" and could easily get into our team then it's safe to say that your opening remark is not the general consensus

It rarely is with him. :yes:

Your point about Wilshere is moot as he went on loan to bolton for only one season and came back straight into the arsenal first team at the age of 18. . . . similar age as Chalobah and he wasn't just sitting on the bench only getting carling cup games neither. He was thrown into the deep end.

And that's the point - there was a culture of promoting youth at Arsenal. Yes it needed to be balanced with investment in the first-team so they could win trophies, but that's the balance that we need to find.

And your point regarding Van Ginkel is part of the problem. why buy Van ginkel if you already have Chalobah and Ake. who are, imho, more talented than the dutch. Arsenal could have easily bought a midfielder to block Jack's path into the first team and use that "it's risky to throw youngsters into the deep end" arguement to justify the decision regardless of how talented wilshere was/is.

Van Ginkel I can understand. Even Arsenal bought in Ramsay (and that belief in youth is certainly paying off).

It's the balance that we need to find where we compliment signings with developing youngsters, much like United founded their succes on.