Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Yeah, that's what I remember as well. And a player should spend at least 3 seasons with the club between the age of 17 and 21 to be considered as "club trained" IIRC.

This is the very reason Nathan Ake did not go out on loan. This will be his 3rd year at the club and he wanted to fall into the club trained category

Had a tidy game for U21s I thought, I only watched second half but rarely lost possession, reliable presence in the middle of the park, and still made some runs and dribbles forward, still as comfortable there. Created two chances as well, wasn't just all spreading the play, some incisive as well.

If he is just going to the Championship for 3 months it may as well be Watford over Wigan, he knows everyone there, the manger rates him, he'll pretty much go into the starting XI and get some extra experience. I like Wigan too but I've heard their football is getting more direct with Coyle and Grant Holt :( But they still have Europa League which would he interesting.

Also Coyle is a bit overrated with his supposed handling of youngsters. Sturridge and Wilshere did well but TBH I think they would have done well at most clubs they went to. Kakuta and Weiss also went to Bolton under Coyle who maybe needed more attention but did not flourish. Not saying it was Coyle's fault, just that not every player sent to him comes back a star.

This is the very reason Nathan Ake did not go out on loan. This will be his 3rd year at the club and he wanted to fall into the club trained category

I know. That's actually what started this whole discussion if you read back :P

Had a tidy game for U21s I thought, I only watched second half but rarely lost possession, reliable presence in the middle of the park, and still made some runs and dribbles forward, still as comfortable there. Created two chances as well, wasn't just all spreading the play, some incisive as well.

I missed most of the second as I was watching the US Open, but in the first I thought his passing was very good and he even put Carrol through on goal with an amazing pass. But his tactical discipline was poor at times. Yes it was only Moldova, but he went forward too much and left the team completely open on the counter on a few times. They would have surely been punished for that against better opposition.

Been linked with Forest on loan. Think this would be the best move tbh. Wigan have tons of midfielders and I am not sure if he is a guaranteed starter, same with QPR and Watford who he done well with last season have already strengthened in that department where as Forest lost their main CDM to Palace so he probably will fill in the void if he joins.

Been linked with Forest on loan. Think this would be the best move tbh. Wigan have tons of midfielders and I am not sure if he is a guaranteed starter, same with QPR and Watford who he done well with last season have already strengthened in that department where as Forest lost their main CDM to Palace so he probably will fill in the void if he joins.

I don't know much about Billy Davies though. You want a good manager who will look after him and give him confidence like Zola did. That's just as important as game time, imo.

The Mirror reported he rejected Forest and Wigan as he wants Watford. In the process of negotiation but apparently Chelsea want Watford to pay a bigger proportion of his wages.

I don't get why we're making an issue out of the wages, surely Nathanial's development is the most important thing here?!

he's apparently set to join Forest on loan

Ridiculous that we won't let him join Watford just because they are willing to pay a smaller percentage of his wages! He needs a manager that trusts him and he can trust in order to develop, and we know Zola is just that.

Ridiculous that we won't let him join Watford just because they are willing to pay a smaller percentage of his wages! He needs a manager that trusts him and he can trust in order to develop, and we know Zola is just that.

Maybe the club want him to play under a different coach in a different style, not that I would know a thing about playing styles of wartford or forest.

Looks like he will go to Forest. Always thought this was the best move. On coaching wise Zola would have been good for him, but who knows, maybe Billy Davies can do well with him as well. The move makes sense if you look at it on a playing perspective. At Watford, with their recruits he is not a nailed on starter while at Forest they lost their best CDM to Palace and Chalobah should fit into that role.

Maybe the club want him to play under a different coach in a different style, not that I would know a thing about playing styles of wartford or forest.

No I heard it from several sources that Zola wanted him and he badly wanted to go back there but Watford were not willing to pay the percentage wages we were demanding.

Can't be the style of football. Zola may not be the best manager around, but his team plays possession attacking football unlike Forrest who are more "traditional British" team.