test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Clevemayer

Nathaniel Chalobah

Started by Clevemayer,

1,880 posts in this topic

Apparently lots of comparisons with Toure Yaya going on :D

I know we had a disagreement at the end of last seas but I do appreciate the way you keep us informed about our young players on loan .

Esk posts less often on here so your posts are definitely valuable

I know we had a disagreement at the end of last seas but I do appreciate the way you keep us informed about our young players on loan .

Esk posts less often on here so your posts are definitely valuable

Thanks, it's ok :)

I don't understand the Yaya Toure comparisons. From what I've seen of him in midfield, he's more like... Capoue I think. (Well, I've only seen Capoue a few times, but he's who's coming to mind right now.)

That's still a huge compliment to him though.

It seems that his natural skills etc. are more suited to being a defender, but his occasional concentration lapses etc. make him better in midfield at this point.

He'll probably do similar to Terry. Mature for a bit in midfield, then shift permanently into central defence.

(I believe that's what Terry did anyway. I'm too young to know for sure.)

Chalobah is brilliant one of our finest young players.He will probably be more similar to Carvalho than to JT since he has pace.He just needs to keep his head down and play his football,would love to see him starting for us.

Leif likes this

Some nice comments about Chalobah:

" I remember watching John Barnes for the first time and being blown away. I had the same feeling watching Chalobah when he came on against Brighton. Shame he's not ours. Let's hope we can extend his loan in January.”

"People moan about having players on loan , but when you get a chance to watch a player with such natural ability play in a Watford shirt , it is extremely exciting.”

" Can't believe he's only 17...and English. Unfortunately it's what's wrong with the Premiership, young players with great talent and destined to play in our English team, fade away into obscurity, unable to get in the first team. He plays in that typical Chelsea holding role, that the club seems to have had abundance of players playing over the years. I love a player who never looks at the ball when he recieves it. Quality player who I hope we get all season

" Was head and shoulders above the rest in the first half on Saturday. Such confidence and composure on the ball, giving orders to players a lot older than him. Natural talent and leader. Very bright future. Hopefully can stay for the whole season”

" he is so good why the **** did he move back to defence on Saturday. We totally lost our way after that ! Bad decision by Zola me thinks.”

zolayes likes this

CHELSEA LOANEE Nathaniel Chalobah has proved something of an instant hit at Vicarage Road, displaying a coolness and authority well beyond his 17 years.

As the Sierra Leone-born midfielder-cum-defender explains, agreeing a loan move to WD18 on transfer deadline day was a no-brainer:

"Michael Emenalo, the chief scout, and Roberto Di Matteo said they would let me go on loan this year so it was a good move to come to Watford,' confirmed Chalobah.

"I didn`t want to go to a team where I wouldn`t be able to settle in and do the things that I usually do. Coming here was the best thing I could possibly do because Gianfranco and his team are trying to play football."

Despite not making his professional debut until arriving at the Vic', Chalobah has been making waves on the international scene for a number of years now, having debuted for England's U16s at just 13.

Playing at centre-back, Chalobah helped England to a memorable U17 European Championship win two summers ago, an extremely proud occasion for six-footer:

"I don`t really know what to say. It was amazing, amazing! We were the first age group to win it since the likes of Paul Scholes so we made it into the history books and we were all very pleased."

Extract from the Chalobah interview in the Watford match programme today

Yet again hearing good things about him. Apparently he outperformed McEachran today. Someone on twitter described him as 'head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch'. Hard to believe the guy's just 17, only Sterling is making more progress at the same age in the top two English leagues IMO.

Reddish-Blue likes this

Yet again hearing good things about him. Apparently he outperformed McEachran today. Someone on twitter described him as 'head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch'. Hard to believe the guy's just 17, only Sterling is making more progress at the same age in the top two English leagues IMO.

keep posting ja 1 ...YES you are the one :blue scalf: