Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Didn't watch but heard he had a great game. Brilliant to hear! Luckily for him we didn't waste any time in getting him a good loan.

I really hope he progresses because he has the talent too. With some other young players you fall in love with the idea of somebody from the academy making it more than their actual talent. Chalobah is different, he has always looked like an adult playing with kids at youth level. It would be a real shame to be talking about what could have been with Chalobah in a few years time.

He's been at Watford for 3 months now. There's no need to rush and risk an 18 year old's development based on 3 months. If the worst thing that can happen to him by leaving him at Watford is that he will dominate Championship for next 6 months, I am cool with that. Hell, I'd be ecstatic. If we rush him and he sits on the bench, that would be the worst possible scenario.

Yes seriously. The season before we finished third - I remember being excited about us pushing for the title because I was there.

Now like I've said, I know all the arguments for taking time with player development except most of that's based on me following Chelsea all my life and we don't really develop players. So what exactly is Chalobah missing from his game to be included in our first-team, because in my humble opinion he isn't missing anything except a little bit of fitness.

Chelsea is one most prolific football clubs in the world right now, the expectations are sky high. Any comparison is pointless, the club as a whole has changed completely during the last 10 years.

Chelsea is one most prolific football clubs in the world right now, the expectations are sky high. Any comparison is pointless, the club as a whole has changed completely during the last 10 years.

But the one thing that hasn't changed in football in that time is if you're good enough, you're old enough.

Really? What specifically do you think he is lacking at this point in time?

To me, it's simply a bit of fitness from the 70th minute on.

First of all, experience. This a critical aspect, I know, but personally I prefer gaining experience before putting a youngster into the first team. Grittiness (if that's the correct English term for what I want to say) to able to stand his ground when he faces players like Charlie Adam, as well as being more direct. He still likes to try too much when the easier option would be the better one, but that's really only got to do with experience.

His fitness and overall physical attributes have to improve, his body is slim, a few more muscles will do wonders for him, just so he's able to dominate.

First of all, experience. This a critical aspect, I know, but personally I prefer gaining experience before putting a youngster into the first team. Grittiness (if that's the correct English term for what I want to say) to able to stand his ground when he faces players like Charlie Adam, as well as being more direct. He still likes to try too much when the easier option would be the better one, but that's really only got to do with experience.

His fitness and overall physical attributes have to improve, his body is slim, a few more muscles will do wonders for him, just so he's able to dominate.

He already has the physical 'grittiness' and I'd fancy his chances against Charlie Adam anyday. Plus he's already fairly strong so sticking him in the weights room won't change much.

Experience is overrated sometimes. Whatever happens, his first game in a Chelsea shirt will be his first game. No amount of games at Watford or Wigan or West Brom will change that.

The fact is you didn't point out any technical aspects that he needs to improve and that's largely been the case for most of his time at the club. He's stepped up to each challenge and I think we've got to look to use him sooner rather than later.

@Observer_Owl: Excellent news. Just spoken to Gianfranco Zola and 'it looks like' Nathaniel Chalobah will remain on loan at #WatfordFC http://t.co/eeMx0ji5

Great news. I think the club are handling his development very well. They have never stopped him from progressing just because of his age eg. he's always been playing at a level above his age, but club allowed it to happen as he was that good.

Physically Chalobah is fine. He used to be very skinny, and abit small (remember when he came on in 2010 as a sub in a pre-season friendly? He looked tiny), but watching him on Friday, he's pretty big now. 6"2 at least, and he's quite imposing.

You won't see him rushing around like a headless chicken sliding in because he's not that type of player. Generally he's always positioned well enough that he doesn't have to. He's also a danger in the air now as well.

Great news. I think the club are handling his development very well. They have never stopped him from progressing just because of his age eg. he's always been playing at a level above his age, but club allowed it to happen as he was that good.

Great news. They seem to be giving him enough responsibility and there's a chance at a playoff run.

Physically Chalobah is fine. He used to be very skinny, and abit small (remember when he came on in 2010 as a sub in a pre-season friendly? He looked tiny), but watching him on Friday, he's pretty big now. 6"2 at least, and he's quite imposing.

You won't see him rushing around like a headless chicken sliding in because he's not that type of player. Generally he's always positioned well enough that he doesn't have to. He's also a danger in the air now as well.

He's always been big for his age, but his technique is phenomenal too. His reading of the game is at a level that 90% of pros will never have and he's got that knack of slowing everything down and not panicking. A good season and he'll be in contention under a new manager in the summer.

Hopefully he gets this loan sorted out and he could play against city in the FA cup 3rd round. I was speaking to a friend earlier this morning(who goes to all Brighton matches and saw him) he was really impressed by Chalobah and his maturity+technique on the ball. Hope he is given an opportunity (when I say this, I mean more than 10 mins in a dead rubber game) here as he has outgrown the Championship at the age of 18.

If anyone watches him regularly on here - how do you think he would fair in a 3 man midfield as the most defensive player (ala busquetes, just less of a twat), just behind to more attacking minded CMs. Or, is his technique so good that he would be wasted there and be better further forward so he can assist more in attacking build-up?

Edit: looking at twitter all the Watford fans are thankful that he has been there and are hoping he stays, that speaks volumes in itself.

Yeah, was just about to say, his next match is against City. Big match for him. Is it live?

I think he could fill any midfield position. Box to box, or a more static regista, even an attacking midfielder. Could probably be one of those players who you could see playing anywhere. In a 4-3-3 I think he'd be equally adept at the aforementioned box to box role or just a DM. I would prefer DM at his age, and then he can grow into a more attacking role.