Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

This kid has got to be involved sooner rather than later. Leave him at Watford until the end of the season and then let him fight for a spot on summer, and we might have the heart of our team for the next decade.

Plus, not that I really care, but we have another talented midfielder for English too.

"our hands" for now. Till when he comes of age and we choose to spend £30million on someone else that'll fill the position he could've taken.

Or should I say, he ruins his potential. Because it's always the player's fault.

I agree. We have 4 very good young midfielders in Romeu, Chalobah, McEachran and KDB. But we'll probably buy two midfielders, a DM and a DLP, between January and summer, rendering their futures at the club more unstable.

Loan to a PL club is an option, but I would prefer him to stay at Watford. It's a comfortable situation for him and they have something to fight for. Still very young as well

It looked too comfortable for him at times. We could loan him out again, or we could throw him into the team and see what happens. The argument for McEachran is that he needs to physically develop and that's fair, but Nathanial is already more than a match physically for most opposition players and he's one of those guys who just sees the game better than 95% of players ever will.

Loan to a PL club is an option, but I would prefer him to stay at Watford. It's a comfortable situation for him and they have something to fight for. Still very young as well
Agreed.

They are in full race for promotion so Chalobah's already learning what it means to deliver week in, week out which he will only benefit from. If they get promoted let him stay there for another season or two, the step from Championship to PL football is still huge, even for a bright prospect like him. Don't rush the kid's development.

Agreed.

They are in full race for promotion so Chalobah's already learning what it means to deliver week in, week out which he will only benefit from. If they get promoted let him stay there for another season or two, the step from Championship to PL football is still huge, even for a bright prospect like him. Don't rush the kid's development.

Another season or two? Why?

Why not throw the kid in at the deep end next season and challenge a young, talented, mature young man to swim? I know our policy has been to farm young kids out and that's been a massive success so far, but why not just trust our academy?

Another season or two? Why?

Why not throw the kid in at the deep end next season and challenge a young, talented, mature young man to swim? I know our policy has been to farm young kids out and that's been a massive success so far, but why not just trust our academy?

because ALL he needs is playing time and he will get much more at Watford

because ALL he needs is playing time and he will get much more at Watford

Already he has more than 3 times as much playing time as John Terry had. Gael Kakuta has 3 times as much as Chalobah.

There's no general rule for these types of things, but Chalobah has met every challenge he's faced and looked good doing it. Why don't we take a chance for once?

Already he has more than 3 times as much playing time as John Terry had. Gael Kakuta has 3 times as much as Chalobah.

There's no general rule for these types of things, but Chalobah has met every challenge he's faced and looked good doing it. Why don't we take a chance for once?

you might take a chance with him and I might ,BUT doubt if our manager would ....he would get scraps ,,,with Watford he might feast

you might take a chance with him and I might ,BUT doubt if our manager would ....he would get scraps ,,,with Watford he might feast

Our manager threw on Nathan Ake when we were defending a tight lead away to Norwich. Maybe times are a changing?

Glad the guy is with Zola :D. He should stay with Watford until the summer IMO and if they gain promotion then possibly stay another year, depending on the needs of Chelsea's first team (ie. if we buy in Jan/Summer). What he shouldn't have is a wasted year like Josh and Romelu had where he got no real playing time apart from u-21s (which is a joke compared to proper 1st team football that means something). Hope we can develop him and he can make the cut here, and is trusted. We cannot discard him if he has a few questionable games and he will need time and nurturing. He is a leader on the field (from what I have seen) and would be a great captain and player for Chelsea, should he continue to develop and be allowed to do so.

Glad the guy is with Zola :D. He should stay with Watford until the summer IMO and if they gain promotion then possibly stay another year, depending on the needs of Chelsea's first team (ie. if we buy in Jan/Summer). What he shouldn't have is a wasted year like Josh and Romelu had where he got no real playing time apart from u-21s (which is a joke compared to proper 1st team football that means something). Hope we can develop him and he can make the cut here, and is trusted. We cannot discard him if he has a few questionable games and he will need time and nurturing. He is a leader on the field (from what I have seen) and would be a great captain and player for Chelsea, should he continue to develop and be allowed to do so.

I agree with almost all of that (not too bothered that he's with Zola if I'm honest) but I'd be more inclined to bring him back next season and include him in the first-team. He's not like Mancienne or Bruma who you look at and think they need more time - he has that gift to slow the game down that you're either born with or you're not.