Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

Can't see him even making it here, might as well sell him

he is 19 who has 4 years on his contract. so why would u want to sell him now? let him develop into a player, see how that goes and then make a decision.

The club have fucked him royally this season. Waited too long to loan him then sent him to a club who didn't suit him in the slightest and now he's off to a mid-table team managed by Jose's mate after impressing everyone in the league last season.

Guy's got all the talent in the world but this year was crucial to his development and we have probably set him back at least 12 months. He might as well start looking for cheap property in Arnhem.

The club have fucked him royally this season. Waited too long to loan him then sent him to a club who didn't suit him in the slightest and now he's off to a mid-table team managed by Jose's mate after impressing everyone in the league last season.

Guy's got all the talent in the world but this year was crucial to his development and we have probably set him back at least 12 months. He might as well start looking for cheap property in Arnhem.

Hmm. Think you're overreacting a bit. Whilst we didn't do well with the Forest loan, Nat still has half a season to impress at Boro where he'll get plenty of playing time. I also think the Forest loan spell was a massive learning curve for Nat in a sense that not everything goes your way in football.

I honestly just hope he does well and reaffirms that he's head and shoulders above most in the Championship.

Hmm. Think you're overreacting a bit. Whilst we didn't do well with the Forest loan, Nat still has half a season to impress at Boro where he'll get plenty of playing time. I also think the Foresy loan spell was a massive learning curve for Nat in a sense that not everything goes your way in football.

I honestly just hope he does well and reaffirms that he's head and shoulders above most in the Championship.

The thing is the club did perfectly with him last season and this season he should've been building on it, but he's actually regressed a bit in terms of where he's playing. So far this season has been a waste for him.

Maybe he'll learn that football isn't all wine and roses....but I'm pretty sure the Championship play-off final taught him that too.

• 3 weeks later...

the Englishman’s success in this area was in part down to his athleticism and work rate which enabled him to cover a large area of the pitch.

Nice to see an acknowledgement of this aspect of his game.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like he played a portion of the game against old team Watford at CB, more than one saying he looked more uncomfortable there than midfield.

Also Watford fans aren't happy - apparently some handbags with him and Foresteri that earned him a round of boos

Why is it, according to some fans, Chelsea's fault that Nat hasn't had a great season on loan? Isn't he yet to finish playing a full 90 mins for either one of his two loan clubs this season? He's taken a step back for whatever reason and this is down to him, not Chelsea making a poor decision finding him a club, especially one like Boro hurting for money yet still took on his 30k a week wages and his return is underwhelming to say the least.

Why is it, according to some fans, Chelsea's fault that Nat hasn't had a great season on loan? Isn't he yet to finish playing a full 90 mins for either one of his two loan clubs this season? He's taken a step back for whatever reason and this is down to him, not Chelsea making a poor decision finding him a club, especially one like Boro hurting for money yet still took on his 30k a week wages and his return is underwhelming to say the least.

It's not Chelsea's fault that he's had a poor loan, but it's Chelsea's fault that he's on loan at all. He proved his quality last season, he should be part of the first team squad right now, not out on a pointless loan deal.

It's not Chelsea's fault that he's had a poor loan, but it's Chelsea's fault that he's on loan at all. He proved his quality last season, he should be part of the first team squad right now, not out on a pointless loan deal.

Loaning him out in August was the right decision at the time. We already had 5 players for his position and he was never going to get any time on the pitch. Couldn't keep him here in Jan because he had a very bad loan spell.

The lad is still 19. This is only his second season playing competitive football. What's the rush?

I'm going to the Riverside on Saturday for the Middlesbrough game v Leeds, my little lad is doing the guard of honor flag parade when the players walk out.

A friend of mine is well up at MFC and after the game I'm going to the players lounge and intend grabbing a word with Nat and Kenneth.

Tell us how it goes :)