test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Clevemayer

29. Nathaniel Chalobah

Started by Clevemayer,

1,778 posts in this topic

That is how I've been pronouncing it. I'm glad I'm on the ball. Sir Trollington I hope that signature of yours doesn't bite us on the arse after the 20th.

I really hope so too. XD

This is incorrect. JT has immense technique for a centre back.For instance, his long passing is delightful, with either foot. He doesn't bring this out of his locker very often but when he does, it's very effective. A background of starting out as a midfielder has stood him in good stead in this regard.

Yes I agree. I guess I was just stereotyping what the British people/media look out for in central defenders lol

Departures of Essien and in time Raul will help this lad get some first team action soon.

I actually like him more at CB. I feel he looks more comfortable there.

I actually like him more at CB. I feel he looks more comfortable there.

Yes I agree with you but let's first get him playing him in the first team and then gradually ease him to his preferred position.Center back position has a long waiting list.

Yes I agree with you but let's first get him playing him in the first team and then gradually ease him to his preferred position.Center back position has a long waiting list.

True. But for some reason I am very optimistic about Nathaniel. I think he has the skill and the right attitude to make it here.

True. But for some reason I am very optimistic about Nathaniel. I think he has the skill and the right attitude to make it here.

I just hope he's not impatient,his time will surely come.

Out of our youth, Chalobah is the one I am looking forward to see progress to the first team the most. He is the youngest representative for the England U19 at the championships and is a permanent starter in the team and scored against Croatia today. He has been playing above his age groups for club and country for some time now and truly believe he is going to follow Terry in being a rock at the back, even though he can excel as a DM/CM. Maybe he will be captain one day but although I am excited for the likes of Piazon, Feruz etc Chalobah has been at Chelsea his whole career. His anticipation, balance, possesion of the ball is world class. He has been playing with our reserves even at schoolboy ages and has always put in a shift. Would be brilliant to see him make an appearance soon, even if it is a brief apperance in a cup game but he deserves it.

Will be interesting to see what RDM does with him. He will learn at Chelsea but he trains with the first team quite often and maybe a loan to a Championship team would do him good as experiencing first team football will enhance his game. He is playing for his country 2 years above his age group and is a consistent performer, even though being the youngest there. It is a matter of time that he starts pressing for the first team because his reserve/youth team plays have been astonishing. IMO he is going to surpass Mceachran at Chelsea. But just for anyone who is unsure of him we have a star in the making at us :)

IMO he is going to surpass Mceachran at Chelsea. But just for anyone who is unsure of him we have a star in the making at us :)

Easy lad, easy.

We've seen the consequences of us overhyping our youth talent, with some albeit justification. Let's just wait and see how he develops, he's still ripe at the tender age of 16 (or 17). I share you sentiments about his qualities though. The problem is the leap from doing that at a reserve/youth level to a professional one. Patience is key, we've learnt that better than most fans.

Easy lad, easy.

We've seen the consequences of us overhyping our youth talent, with some albeit justification. Let's just wait and see how he develops, he's still ripe at the tender age of 16 (or 17). I share you sentiments about his qualities though. The problem is the leap from doing that at a reserve/youth level to a professional one. Patience is key, we've learnt that better than most fans.

You have a point, I don't want to overhype him but judging what I have seen I do believe he will be a success but you are right, there is a big leap and he still has a lot of developing to do. That wasnt a dig at Josh but just feel Chalobah has the pyhsical skills to go along with his all round general play which could be benefical in future

Chelsea boss Roberto di Matteo is ready to let brilliant young centre half Nathaniel Chalobah go out on loan to the Championship.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chelsea-nathaniel-chalobah-will-be-loaned-to-championship-1138822

Could be b.s. But if it's not then it's quite positive, considering he's only 17.

Stats likes this

I don't know if we should. He's still only 17 and with the changes to the youth and reserve games and the u18 CL tournament, I'm sure he'll get a lot of good games. And, I think he's still eligible for the youth cup.

All of that > championship imo.

I don't know if we should. He's still only 17 and with the changes to the youth and reserve games and the u18 CL tournament, I'm sure he'll get a lot of good games. And, I think he's still eligible for the youth cup.

All of that > championship imo.

That depends on how much conviction the FA really put on the development of youth -> reserve -> professional level. At least with the Championship he's guaranteed to have a step-up in the intensity of play. Obviously he wouldn't play that many games, but when he does the exposure will be brilliant. The best thing is, we won't expect he'll play that much so when he does it'll be a pleasant surprise.

He'll still represent England, but I guess it's a slight disadvantage we'd lose him in our FA Youth Cup squad. The experience could be priceless however. We know Bertrand benefited greatly from it, he has over 150+ championship level games to his name.