Nathaniel Chalobah

Clevemayer

• 3 months later...

Very impressive tonight. He's closer to the first team than Piazon is but he isn't Brazilian so is underrated/

Trust me, Nathaniel Chalobah is NOT underrated by anyone at CFC. The difference between Piazon and Chalobah is that Piazon has a bit more maturity in his play that Chalobah, Chalobah can dominte games, but sometimes when 1 - 0 down playing holding midfield he will try a flick or back heel and lose possesion rather than do the simple thing. Piazon will always do what is needed, if he feels he can make a run he will do, but if it is not on he will hold the ball up and look for the best pass. That is why i beleive Piazon is closer to the first team that Chalobah.

Take nothing away from Chalobah though he is bloody awesome, think more and more his best position is the holding role, could be a legend there if he continues in the same development.

Esk when you compare Chalobah and Paul Pogba from Man Utd who do you think has more potential. I know that Paul Pogba is really highly rated at Man utd by the the coaches at the club but do you think Chalobah is as good as him ?

Hard to compare them as players, very very different. But in terms of potential Chalobah has as much if not more than Pogba. I really see Nathaniel growing into that holding role in midfield. Like i said a little more maturity and he would be really awesome, and he is most of the time.

Outstanding prospect. I fully expect the first wave of youngsters to come through over the next two summers, including the likes of McEachran, Kakuta, Bertrand, De Bruyne, Courtois and Lukaku.

The most promising aspect is that we have another group of outstanding players to come through over the next season or two after that including Feruz, Piazon, Ake and of course Chalobah, and then the next group again after that, including the very highly rated Loftus-Cheek.

Over the next 3-5 years people will finally see the worth to the club's youth academy.

Outstanding prospect. I fully expect the first wave of youngsters to come through over the next two summers, including the likes of McEachran, Kakuta, Bertrand, De Bruyne, Courtois and Lukaku.

The most promising aspect is that we have another group of outstanding players to come through over the next season or two after that including Feruz, Piazon, Ake and of course Chalobah, and then the next group again after that, including the very highly rated Loftus-Cheek.

Over the next 3-5 years people will finally see the worth to the club's youth academy.

Completely agree. Can't wait to see these youngsters getting chances in the first team! Just hope our manager from next season (IF Robbie isn't given the job) doesn't overlook the young talents at their disposal.

Well that depends on a LOT of things, firstly the gap between youth team and first team. Look at what it has done to even Josh McEachran, the most talented player we have had in our academy for many many years and his development has stalled. And the most crucial is we need a manager willing to bring them through and give them minutes. We can't know how these players will do unless we play them, look at how well Tore is doing in Germany, didn't get anywhere NEAR the first team..

It`s so difficult to integrate the youth players in to the first team.

Honestly I thought it would be no problem for Josh playing at Swansea but he doesn`t even play there!

Nat and all the others are so promising but can they make it to the first team? I guess not at CFC unfortunetly.

I know this has been said quite a lot, but I'll say it again: The integration of youth into the first team is highly dependant on the stability in management. If we keep changing managers more frequently than Ashley changes girlfriends ( :P ), then Chalobah and all of the other promising youngsters don't stand much of a chance.

keep saying it and hope someone hears,

btw It will be good to see Jack Cork back in the PL

Admittedly I've not seen him that often but from what I can tell he's a ball-playing CB. He has very very impressive technique. He's not like JT - not a typical English "kick it into row Z" centre-back. He's been playing as a DM lately in the FAYC games and he's doing better there. Not sure whether he'll choose to convert to a DM

btw It will be good to see Jack Cork back in the PL

He has made a very very great season with Southampton. In just a few weeks, he became a very important member of Nigel Adkins system and I'm sure he will be great against world-class midfielder.