Malouda Injured

Malouda doubt for Chelsea

Florent Malouda is a doubt for Chelsea's Premier League encounter with Derby County on Saturday after being sent home from the France squad.

The winger has a knee injury and has returned to London from the French camp in Clairefontaine after being ruled out of Wednesday's game against Ukraine.

"Everybody is fit but Florent Malouda, who has left the training camp," France coach Raymond Domenech said.

The match no longer has any significance with France already guaranteed to qualify for Euro 2008.

Chelsea are recovering from an acute injury crisis, with Ashley Cole and John Terry set to return to action when domestic football resumes.

Malouda has started nine of Chelsea's 13 Premier League games this season but has recently been used mainly as a substitute by Avram Grant.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might just be a precaution seeing as they've qualified anyway. Anything on the official site about it?

Nope.....Tried to get an update on the current injury status on the players. Been searching, but thats all I could find.

Seems that JT will be returning along with Ash, as for the rest. Cech was reported to be out for at least another 3-4 weeks, and the same for Riccy.

I'm sure someone will have an update soon enough thumbsup.gif

Cech out for 3-4 weeks? I didn't know his injury was that bad....but i am happy JT and Cole are set to return.

Neither did I, what's he done? Bloody good job JT's back if thats the case. Not too bothered about Cole tbh, Ive always preferred Bridge defensively anyway.

Yeah totally agree.. He hasn't been very good lately.. Or rather since the start of the season actually.. He definitely has to step it up a few notches to prove his price tag

Players always need time to adapt, but i think you can't continue to persevere with him when Kalou has been in good form and isn't getting a game.