Chelsea vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

BlueLion.

Chelsea FC vs Wolverhampton Wanderers

EPL, 21 November 2009, Stamford Bridge, 1500 KO

ManchesterUnited-JohnTerry.jpg

Chelsea face Wolves at Stamford Bridge as they look to continue their stunning recent form.

The Blues are five points clear at the top of the Premier League table thanks to their 1-0 win over champions Manchester United prior to the international break. The Blues - having beaten Wolves 5-2 and 5-0 respectively the last time that the Midlands side were in the top division - will be hoping to prolong their brilliant recent run at Stamford Bridge that has seen them score 26 goals without reply.

Can the Blues extent their lead?

Match chat here

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking at the last time we played them at home was in the 2003/2004 season. As BlueLion mentions below we beat them 5-2 in March 2004 at SB and we beat them 5-0 at the Molineux in September 2003 both Premier League matches. Prior to that the last time we met them was in the 1993/94 season when we beat them 1-0 at SB in the FA Cup. So I'm assuming that between 1993 and 2003 Wolves weren't in the Premier League then?

Edited by Blueray

5-0

first scorer: cech

I'd rather say Ancelotti as first goalscorer...

Hope we can get a comfortable win out of this, Wolves also know we'll miss some of our vital players. Luckily, it's not one of the better teams in the PL we play after the international break.

3-0

Borini, Kakuta and Matic all are selected for the Wolves match :). Out are Ballack, Deco, Lampard and Drogba.

All will be available, except Lampard, for the Porto game!

Bosingwa is out too I think. The squad will be taken for tomorrow from the following

Cech, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, Alex, A Cole, Essien, J Cole, Anelka, Kalou, Borini, Matic, Kakuta, Hilario, Ferreira, Mikel Obi, Malouda.

Fabio Borini, Nemanja Matic and Gael Kakuta are all expected to feature from the bench against Wolves.

more at http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1229571/Chelsea-v-Wolves-Trio-Didier-Drogba-Frank-Lampard-Deco-sidelined.html

.John Terry is set to rewrite the Chelsea record books, as he will become the second longest serving captain of the club in terms of appearances if he plays against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday.

Terry is now level with Dennis Wise on 298 games with the Blues' armband, and the latter says he will be only too happy to see the28-year-old getpast him.

"It's fantastic. People are always at some stage going to break your records and achieve something and if there's one personI'd like to see do it, it would be John," Wise told the club's officialwebsite.

"He has come all the way through and done fantastically well, I'm chuffed to bits for him. He is a true Blue and a boy who always wanted to achieve a lot as a young kid.

"All those times he spent out there on his own, training and doing what he could to make himself better, have paid off, so well done to him."

The all-time Chelsea record is currently held by another defender, Ron 'Chopper' Harris, who made 324 appearances as captain.

Edited by chelsea blue

Bosingwa is out too I think. The squad will be taken for tomorrow from the following

Cech, Ivanovic, Carvalho, Terry, Alex, A Cole, Essien, J Cole, Anelka, Kalou, Borini, Matic, Kakuta, Hilario, Ferreira, Mikel Obi, Malouda.

Fabio Borini, Nemanja Matic and Gael Kakuta are all expected to feature from the bench against Wolves.

more at http://www.dailymail...-sidelined.html

Yes ofcourse. I already didn't count him anymore because of his long-time absence ;).