Jeffrey Bruma

Term-X

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delighted to see Bruma got his debut. Bruma is a proper talent and one hell of a prospect. Playing well above his age contantly will only improve him.

Have to give Carlo credit, he is more than willing to include our youngsters. Borini, Hutchinson and Bruma all getting games with the first team already this season..

Yes, i can agreee with you on what you're saying about carlo. The youngsters are getting more of a chance nowadays then during the Mourinho/Grant/Scolari/Hiddink era's. Let's hope we keep scoring a lot of goals like we did in our last few games so they can get even more time on the pitch :) (that i want the Chelsea to score a lot goals is standing on its own btw ;)).

Edited by Blueboy

When was he last time a 17 year old got a run out for the first team? It hasnt happened in the last 4-5 years or so, this lad must be rated very highly by the looks of things. He was solid vs BR, but didnt really break into a sweat, hopefully we will see a more appearances from him in the FA Cup 3rd round etc (depending who we draw).

Edited by Luke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I saw highlights of him against Blackburn on Chelsea TV earlier. He gave a performance like his been playing for years making tackles JT would be proud of. Hope to see more of him in the coming weeks if were in a situation were he can come on.

He should have started against Blackburn in all honesty but he certainly proved he is more than capable with the time he had on the pitch. Hopefully another run out for him at some point today. He can certainly overtake Mancienne and Hutchinson, Hutchinsons career looks like being slowed alomost to a stop by injury but Bruma is looking something else...

The fact he is going to be eligable for the FA Youth Cup this season and will play in it too says everything about the ability of this young man

@esk

is hutchinson injured again? He was looking so bright and his future was looking really good.

Bruma seems to be a really good defender.

Yes Hutchinson is injured again. He has had some very serious injuries and it has got the point to where he doesn't train every day with the rest of the team he has days off to save him from getting injured again. It is a real shame that serious injury looks like stunting a very promising talent - so much of JT in Hutchinson too.

Bruma is a very good defender and he takes every new step in his stride.

• 1 year later...
Jeffrey Bruma refuses to take blame for Chelsea's late collapse

"Everyone knows Premier League games are always fast, quick, strong, so if we don't play our game then they will play their game and you will see that they will dominate us. It can happen," the 19-year-old said. "At the end, we were dominating them again and then you saw that we scored a goal. After, I think we should've kept the ball and been strong in the marking because the guy from Villa had a free header."

The young Dutchman insisted he was not personally responsible for Clark's equaliser: "I was marking my man. I think everyone else was, or maybe someone forgot to mark his one."

However, Bruma did struggle to cope with Emile Heskey for much of the game, with the former England striker climbing above the teenager to head in Villa's second. "He's a very strong guy," Bruma told Chelsea TV. "Obviously, when you play against a striker like him, you can't win every ball. You can't come always in front of him, because he's so strong."

http://www.guardian....y-bruma-chelsea

Bruma had a solid full debut.He didn't make any mistakes,if some of our other center backs where in Brumas position when he was out jumped by Heskey no one would notice.But the pressure was on him and he did very well.People forget he is just 19 and still has a lot to learn,but in my opinion job well done.

When we conceded the goal perhaps Cech should have stopped it no matter if he thought it was an offside position.

Bruma had a solid full debut.He didn't make any mistakes,if some of our other center backs where in Brumas position when he was out jumped by Heskey no one would notice.But the pressure was on him and he did very well.People forget he is just 19 and still has a lot to learn,but in my opinion job well done.

When we conceded the goal perhaps Cech should have stopped it no matter if he thought it was an offside position.

All the fans recognised his debut was almost perfect. Had a very good game, him vs Heskey was a miss-match from the off, but he handled him very well (aside from the goal) but sometimes that happens.

The Guardian (I think it was) blamed him for not beating Heskey, I don't and I'd argue with anyone who suggests he should've had Heskey.