Chelsea vs Bolton

BlueLion.

Chelsea FC vs Bolton Wanderers

chelseahome.png vs boltonhome.png

Chelsea face Bolton at Stamford Bridge with the Carling Cup quarter finals beckoning.

Having beaten Queens' Park Rangers 1-0 in the previous round, Chelsea have been paired with Gary Megson's Bolton Wanderers, a side with a record better than most at Stamford Bridge. With thirteen Premier League sides in the final sixteen of the competition, with five top flight versus top flight encounters - including this one - Chelsea will have a great chance to go on and win the competition, as either one of Arsenal and Liverpool, Aston Villa and Sunderland and Tottenham and Everton will be booted from the tournament, giving the Blues a fair chance to go on and claim their first major triumph in February - but that's a long way away; let's beat Bolton first!

Match chat here.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Borini and Sturridge are either played for full game or 45 mins. I mean, it's the CC, i would rather see Borini score a goal in a 2-1 then put a full team out which could tire our players.

Yeah, hoping to see Bruma as well.

Hmm Carling Cup. A good chance to rest those who've been in action quite a bit recently - though it's still Bolton and a good side will have to be out.

Doubt Borini will start - Kalou and Sturridge are both more deserving, especially the former, althohgh it'd be nice to see him with some action nearer the end of the game.

A good one for Joe Cole to play in as well, regain some more fitness.

Here's hoping they all haven't caught swine flu off the Blackburn players!!

Or that they don't catch it from members of the Bolton squad. Apparently 4 players from the Bolton squad have had it.

Bolton manager Gary Megson has revealed that members of his own squad have suffered with swine flu

Source

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/bolton-confirm-swine-flu-cases-1810188.html

Edited by Blueray

Matic can make his first team debut.

In a break from the norm, the manager has gone public before the team sheets are handed in to the referee.

His starting 11 has Hilario in a goal; a defence of Juliano Belletti, Alex, Branislav Ivanovic and Paulo Ferreira; in midfield Michael Ballack, Deco, Florent Malouda and Joe Cole, and up front, Salomon Kalou and Daniel Sturridge.

The subs are: Ross Turnbull, Jeffrey Bruma, Nemanja Matic, Michael Essien, Frank Lampard, Fabio Borini and Didier Drogba.

chelseafc.com

Who needs to fear swine flu when Ancelotti has his own prescription? :lol:

Apparently it's his Grandmother's prescription of milk, Alcohol and red wine :lol::lol:

source

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/article.html?Ancelotti_dismisses_swine_flu_fears&in_article_id=758396&in_page_id=43

Edited by Blueray

is this live on itv or something or streams again?

:)

I don't think it's on television, it'll be on Chelsea TV. Why don't you check out the TV /Pub guide that i posted in the So Bar Lounge, it tells you all the latest fixtures and whose showing them.

I don't think it's on television, it'll be on Chelsea TV. Why don't you check out the TV /Pub guide that i posted in the So Bar Lounge, it tells you all the latest fixtures and whose showing them.

a good balance of squad players ...players needing games after injuries and youth and experience on the

bench