Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

BlueLion.

Chelsea vs Atletico Madrid

2e1afbo.png

UCL, 21 October 09, Stamford Bridge, 1945 KO

Chelsea face Spanish side Atletico Madrid at Stamford Bridge as they look to extent their lead in Group D.

The Blues have beaten both FC Porto and APOEL Nicosia 1-0 thanks to goals from Nicolas Anelka in both fixtures, and will look to beat Atletico, who are struggling domestically and in the Champions League, having taken just one point from the first available six. Can Chelsea make it three wins from three?

Match chat here.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, I've been following Atletico in the La Liga for over a year now, and well, the start of this season has been a disaster, But we've had a very welcome win against Zaragoze, hopefully we'll build on that, but ofcourse i'm supporting Chelsea on this one, No replacement for the Chels ever.

So come on you Blues, KTBFFH.

Is Drogba back?

Love to see us win a comforable game, but don't see this happening. Another tight win or even a draw for this one. But hey, we will the group, i have a good feeling about that. :tophat:

This game is a long time away. Atletico will desperately need to make some improvements to their squad in the three weeks leading up to the game if they are going to have any kind of result. I haven't followed them religiously, but what I've seen of them they look shaky and unorganized... which is exactly the kind of teams that Chelsea plays best against... teams with no organization (i.e. Liverpool :))

Is Drogba back?

Love to see us win a comforable game, but don't see this happening. Another tight win or even a draw for this one. But hey, we will the group, i have a good feeling about that. :tophat:

Nop he is banned for this game but he will be able to play the away game vs them.

Edited by Endrit

Last time we played Atletico was 1998 i believe in pre season n they beat us 4-0 which wasn't very good.... then we played flamengo from Brazil n won 5-0 :lol: We also played em in 1994 and Paul Furlong scored as we won 1-0 in the Makita Trophy at highbury again in pre season. We then lost to Napoli 2-0. Anyway...... lol.

I'm going to this, should be a good game because they have good players too but they are shocking at the back. Only their front 2 to worry about. They must win so it possibly plays into our hands too. 3-0

Last time we played Atletico was 1998 i believe in pre season n they beat us 4-0 which wasn't very good.... then we played flamengo from Brazil n won 5-0 :lol: We also played em in 1994 and Paul Furlong scored as we won 1-0 in the Makita Trophy at highbury again in pre season. We then lost to Napoli 2-0. Anyway...... lol.

I'm going to this, should be a good game because they have good players too but they are shocking at the back. Only their front 2 to worry about. They must win so it possibly plays into our hands too. 3-0

May the best team win then, which of course will be the Chels. Keep the Faith