Fabio Borini

.Cee

I will be keeping an interesting eye on how he gets on, but agree with the vast majority of posts here, why oh why did he have to choose that team???

Hopefully we can see more of our youngsters, who are good enough of course, get given a chance and not see them playing elsewhere...

I will be keeping an interesting eye on how he gets on, but agree with the vast majority of posts here, why oh why did he have to choose that team???

He's gone to a mid table team in the best league in the world to see if he can play at this level with plans to move to one of the top teams. We'll buy him back in 2 years.

As ive said it might not be nice seeing Borini in that shirt, but Liverpool are a midtable team these days, this move wont affect us or come to back to bite us because Liverpool are just not good enough.

What we really need to worry about is the prospect of our board being silly enough to let Danny go to Spurs, that's the one that could really come back to bite us in the arse.

Arnesen refused to let the contract going on. Some reports states that Borini never received any offer from the club (according to the agent) and other report that the offer was ridiculous.

Otherwise maybe the club wasn't able to give him guarantees.

But if there wasn't such an insane internal lobby in this club he'd probably have stayed. Having watched some of his games with the reserves, one would be insane to think he's an arrogant prick considering how commited he was and how brilliant he was on and off the ball.

Rodgers makes a very wise signing, he's likely to implement a possession system with a high pressing, allowed by the terrific Borini alone upfront

Look at this start up schedule:

August

18 Aug, 15:00 West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool Premier League

26 Aug, 16:00 Liverpool v Manchester City Premier League

September

2 Sep, 13:30 Liverpool v Arsenal Premier League

15 Sep, 17:30 Sunderland v Liverpool Premier League

23 Sep, 13:30 Liverpool v Manchester United Premier League

29 Sep, 15:00 Norwich City v Liverpool Premier League

It could be that Rodgers is out of a job by the end of September! :dance:

10 facts about Fabio Borini

13th Jul 2012 - Latest News

Fabio Borini became Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager today – but how much do you know about the Italy international? Here are 10 interesting facts...

263a_4ffaa263e763f450097171.jpg

1. Fabio Borini was born on March 29, 1991 in the small town of Bentivoglio in Bologna, Italy. He started out at his hometown team before moving to Jose Mourinho's Chelsea in 2007, aged 16.

2. Borini's Premier League debut for Chelsea came as an 89th minute substitute against Tottenham in September 2009. In total, he made four top-flight appearances for the Blues. He was also a member of Chelsea's Champions League squad in 2009-10, figuring as a substitute against APOEL FC.

3. This will be the third time he's played for Brendan Rodgers. He first worked with the boss at Chelsea in the reserve team before Rodgers took him on loan to Swansea City in 2010-11 to bolster the Swans' Premier League promotion push. His faith in the Italian was rewarded with six goals in 12 appearances.

4. Fabio made an instant impact on his Swansea debut, scoring twice against Nottingham Forest in spectacular fashion. Afterwards, Rodgers commented: "There's great joy as a manager in seeing a player who you first saw as a boy producing the performance of a man."

5. After his loan period was up at the Liberty Stadium, Borini left Chelsea and signed for Parma before being loaned to AS Roma before the start of the 2011-12 season. It was here he really began to flourish, scoring nine league goals in 20 starts at the Stadio Olimpico.

6. Borini has his own trademark goal celebration - but it's a bit unusual. After finding the back of the net, the forward will thrust his right hand between his teeth. He explains: "In Italy it means you've got the knife between your teeth - it's when you want to achieve something so badly that you are angry to reach your goals."

7. Indeed, Borini was much loved by the Swansea fans for his ecstatic celebrations. The man himself admits it's a trait he's learnt from his idol, Italy legend Filippo Inzaghi. "I like Inzaghi. I like the way he celebrates a goal even if his team are winning 6-0. And look at what he has won - the World Cup, two Champions Leagues and many league titles in Italy. Even if you have half his career, you will have had a great career. I have watched Inzaghi a lot and I have got something from him."

8. It's fair to say our new boy aims high. He once said: "I always set a goal target. I try to score a goal in each game I play. Sometimes it's not possible, but that is always my aim."

9. Fabio already has experience of playing at Anfield. He started for Chelsea U18s in an FA Youth Cup clash in front of the Kop in February 2009, though he left disappointed as a David Amoo goal secured a 1-0 win for Liverpool.

10. Borini made his international debut for Italy against the USA in February. He was named in Italy's squad for Euro 2012 in Poland and Ukraine, though the youngster didn't make an appearance. He also captained Italy U19s during the 2010 European Championships.

Source: http://www.liverpool...ut-fabio-borini

I blame him only to pick liverpool.

Its like Cesc left Barca and joined Arsenal, but in a year, he would move to real madrid. Yes, they thrown him out, but you just dont go to rival...

I have feeling he will become good there...

Its like Cesc left Barca and joined Arsenal, but in a year, he would move to real madrid. Yes, they thrown him out, but you just dont go to rival...

Fulham and West Brom are Liverpool's rivals, not us.