Chelsea vs Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we bury the scousers tomorrow! They thrashed Hull 6-1 last week but beating a team like Hull won't hide the fact that they haven't been at their best lately. I think with Joey Cole back Liverpool will hopefully be given the run around.

Pred: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool

I think we should be able to score a couple of goals at least. I hope we send the scum back to their slums with at least a 2-1 win for the Chels. Maybe i'm being a tad optimistic?

This is such an important match to win. Let's prove to the Premier League that we are the best team this season... And help put Liverpool out of their mysery!!

-------------------------Hilario--------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------

----------------Carvalho-------Terry------------------

Bosingwa-------------------------------------A. Cole

-----------------------Essien---------------------------

---Ballack---------------------------------Lampard---

--------------------Deco/J.Cole------------------------

------------Anelka--------------Drogba---------------

We will win shakily, 1-0.

i h8 liverpool more than any uva team. we shud get essien on gerrard like in the champions league. we shud start wiv at least one joe cole or malouda because they have done well against shiterpool in past games and kalou shud come off the bench some time.

my line up:-

--------------------------------------------hilario----------------------------------

---bosingwa-------carvalho/ivanovic------terry-----------------a.cole---

--------------------------------------------essien-------------------------------

---------j.cole--------------------------------------------------lampard/malouda

--------------------------------------------lampard/deco--------------------------

-----------------------------drogba----------------------anelka--------------------

I can see us starting like this.

Hilario

Bosingwa , Carvalho , Terry , Cole

Essien

Ballack , Malouda

Lampard

Drogba , Anelka

In a perfect world though I would rather see Joe Cole start in place of Michael Ballack , against Insua ( who thus far has looked out of sorts in a starting role at Liverpool ) I think he and Bosingwa could have some real joy down that flank.

I think one of the reasons why we lost last week was because we didn't have Michael Ballack. His presence and no-nonsense style of play is as important to this system as Drogba's goals and Terry's defending.

I think one of the reasons why we lost last week was because we didn't have Michael Ballack. His presence and no-nonsense style of play is as important to this system as Drogba's goals and Terry's defending.

Thats a good point and I think Ballack has done really well in the diamond system , however I just think that with Insua's faults that I think can be exposed , I think the pace and skill of Joe Cole would be more likely to do it than Ballack , however if Ballack does start I wotn be complaining , it sgood to have him back in contention.

I havent been impressed with Ballack at all this season, I really think his age is starting to tell.

As for today's game, I can't remember the last time I dreaded a game so much, I feel totally sick.

<H3 class=headline id=headline>TEAM NEWS: Chelsea V LIVERPOOL </H3>Posted on: Sun 04 Oct 2009Michael Ballack and Deco return for Chelsea in midfield, but Jose Bosingwa misses out due to injury.

The Portuguese full-back is unfit to return from European suspension and so Branislav Ivanovic retains his place at right-back.

Didier Drogba is back to lead the attack, with Nicolas Anelka supporting alongside Deco.

For Liverpool, Albert Riera and Emiliano Insua are preferred to Yossi Benayoun and Fabio Aurelio. Former Chelsea man Glen Johnson starts

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-3-2-1 formation:

40 Hilario

2 Branislav Ivanovic

6 Ricardo Carvalho

26 John Terry ©

3 Ashley Cole

13 Michael Ballack

5 Michael Essien

8 Frank Lampard

20 Deco

39 Nicolas Anelka

11 Didier Drogba

Substitutes: 22 Ross Turnbull, 35 Juliano Belletti, 18Yury Zhirkov, 10 Joe Cole, 15 Florent Malouda, 21 Salomon Kalou, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

Liverpool are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

Reina; Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Insua; Mascherano, Lucas; Kuyt ,Gerrard ,Riera; Torres.

Substitutes: Cavalieri, Agger, Aurelio, Kyrgiakos, Benayoun Babel, N'Gog.

The referee is Martin Atkinson.