APOEL Nicosia vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not expecting anything great in this game because they'll wanna save themselves a bit for the game on Sunday. We need to just go there, get the win, keep everyone fit and come home. A mediocre 1-0 suits me just fine. This time last year it was Cluj away and that was rubbish, this might be similar. As long as we win, all's good.

1-0 Nico

Think i got that about right.

Absolutely disgraceful performance but we won, we're top, we're going through and now we can come home.

Edited by OllieCFC

Anyone from Ireland whio has just seen RTE's analysis of the Man Utd game could apply it to the Chelsea game too. Group stage match , we know we will get through , even if we lost tonight it wouldnt be the end of the world because we would still have 4 matches to put it right , unlike the premier league ( or in later stages of the champions league ) where a loss can be critical , it simply isnt in the group stages and as a result you get that kind of performance and that kind of match. Id be willing to bet my left thumb that we will play far and away better than that against Liverpool and with a whole lot more drive.

Anyway that being said , good result , good to see Joe Cole get a few minutes and Deco to get back on the pitch. Bit disappointed we didnt see Zhirkov.

Roll on Liverpool.

Dunphy likes Chelsea I think, His rants on Berbatov last season were historical, and true.

Hopefully they'll broadcost some of the Chelsea games soon.

lol last season he predicted Chelsea would win it all , Id say he should go for the same prediction this season , better chance now than then. By the way the panels analysis of the ever avergae Carrick tonight was fun.

Cant se it happening , RTE are stuck with Liverpool and Man Utd games cos they have a bigger fanbase in Ireland , even if it does mean that RTE are showing games of a lesser quality.