APOEL Nicosia vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not expecting anything great in this game because they'll wanna save themselves a bit for the game on Sunday. We need to just go there, get the win, keep everyone fit and come home. A mediocre 1-0 suits me just fine. This time last year it was Cluj away and that was rubbish, this might be similar. As long as we win, all's good.

1-0 Nico

Edited by OllieCFC

Gutted im not going to this game every euro away game is on the same day i have a college course cost work 1k for 2 exams so would get the sack if i ,missed them, everyone i know has a week booked all inclusive for £300 flew early this morning and back at 10.00 next sunday.... I dont hink these will be a push over they did draw with a.madrid in the last round although i would like to see hillario given a run out before sunday... prediction a 2-1 victory ..lampard and anelka

<H3 class=headline id=headline>TEAM NEWS: APOEL V Chelsea </H3>Posted on: Wed 30 Sep 2009There is just one change from the side that began the previous Champions League match at home to Porto. Juliano Belletti replaces injured Michael Ballack in midfield.

Ashley Cole has been passed fit and on the opposite flank, Branislav Ivanovic takes over from suspended Jose Bosingwa.

Nicolas Anelka will once again lead the attack with Salomon Kalou and Florent Malouda in support.

APOEL make three changes from their draw in Madrid. Nenad Mirosavljevic replaces injured Marcin Zewlakow at centre-forward. Boban Grncarov comes in for Paulo Jorge in central defence and Nectarios Alexandrou is on the right flank.

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-3-2-1 formation:

1 Petr Cech

2 Branislav Ivanovic

6 Ricardo Carvalho

26 John Terry ©

3 Ashley Cole

35 Juliano Belletti

5 Michael Essien

8 Frank Lampard

21 Salomon Kalou

15 Florent Malouda

39 Nicolas Anelka

Substitutes: 40 Hilario, 41 Sam Hutchinson, 43 Jeffrey Bruma, 18Yury Zhirkov, 10 Joe Cole, 20 Deco, 23 Daniel Sturridge, 45 Fabio Borini.

APOEL are expected to line up in the following 4-2-3-1 formation:

Chiotis; Poursaitides, Kontis, Grncarov, Haxhi; Nuno Morais, Michail ©; Charalambides, Hélio Pinto, Alexandrou; Mirosavljevic.

Substitutes: Kissas, Papathanasiou, Elia, Breska, Satsias, Jean Paulista, Kosowski

The referee is Bertrand Layec of France.