Chelsea Vs Liverpool

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're heading down to the match, have a great time and I hope we win! Reharding that, I think the team will have received a necessary kick up the arse after Sunday, and hopefully they will realise they must raise their game for massive challenges like this. The Premier League as a competition looks unlikely an ambition for us, so we should give the best we can in Cup competitions, or we may end up regretting it.

Liverpool are on the back of two domestic blanks but still have happy memories of playing Marseille not too long ago... but I think home advantage will be too much of a positive, and like last season in the CL, we should win.

EDIT - Having seen the teams, I think we should win 3-0

Chelsea

01 Cech

18 Bridge

06 Carvalho

35 Belletti

22 Ben-Haim

05 Essien

12 Obi

08 Lampard

21 Kalou

07 Shevchenko

17 Sinclair

Substitutes

23 Cudicini, 09 Sidwell, 10 Cole, 13 Ballack, 20 Ferreira

Liverpool

30 Itandje

17 Arbeloa

23 Carragher

46 Hobbs

12 Aurelio

22 Sissoko

21 Lucas

14 Alonso

10 Voronin

15 Crouch

19 Babel

Substitutes

40 Martin, 04 Hyypia, 06 Riise, 11 Benayoun, 42 El Zhar

Edited by BlueLion

Me too. I don't want to sound complacent, but is Benitez on drugs? Surely he realises this is one of the best chances of obtaining silverware this campaign, and should field a stronger team. There are two regular players in their starting XI, and a further one on the bench. I mean, without Torres and Gerrard, they are going to lack in presence. But we have to be wary of Alonso. He may have been out injured for a while but his distribution is first class, and Crouch may thrive on a Terry-less CFC defence.