Wigan vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

Wigan Athletic vs Chelsea

wiganhome.png vs chelseaaway.png

EPL, 26 September 2009, DW Stadium, 1500 KO

Chelsea travel to Wigan to face a side struggling for form and confidence.

Chelsea took six points from Wigan last season; beating the Latics 2-1 at home thanks to a late Frank Lampard header, and Deco's freekick gave the Blues a 1-0 victory in last term's corresponding fixture. Wigan have had an indifferent start to the season, but having recorded a second win of the season against West Ham, they will be looking forward to facing Ancelotti's troops.

Match chat here - C'MON THE BLUES!

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a good rest period for many players i would like to see a confident performance here from the lads. The main question is, does Joe Cole start? I certainly hope so, a midfield of Essien, Ballack, Lampard and Cole would be very nice to see, would even love to see Zhirkov replace Ballack but i doubt Zhirkov will get a start.

Zhirkov was useless last night. Never wanted to make himself available for the ball and when he had it he wanted to get rid of it asap rather than run with it, which really is his main skill. So I presume he's still a way away from proper fitness....hopefully.

I expect a full strength XI after they have just all been rested:

Cech

Bosingwa Carvalho Terry A.Cole

Essien

Ballack Malouda

Lampard

Anelka Drogba

Zhirkov was useless last night. Never wanted to make himself available for the ball and when he had it he wanted to get rid of it asap rather than run with it, which really is his main skill. So I presume he's still a way away from proper fitness....hopefully.

I expect a full strength XI after they have just all been rested:

Cech

Bosingwa Carvalho Terry A.Cole

Essien

Ballack Malouda

Lampard

Anelka Drogba

Joe Cole?

After a good rest period for many players i would like to see a confident performance here from the lads. The main question is, does Joe Cole start? I certainly hope so, a midfield of Essien, Ballack, Lampard and Cole would be very nice to see, would even love to see Zhirkov replace Ballack but i doubt Zhirkov will get a start.

Joey just had his first 90 minutes of competitive top level football after injury, I don't think he'll start this weekend. He should start against Apoel next midweek but again miss out on a starting place vs Liverpool.. by when I expect him to get to full fitness and after that contest with Ballack and Malouda realistically for a starting place..

Joey just had his first 90 minutes of competitive top level football after injury, I don't think he'll start this weekend. He should start against Apoel next midweek but again miss out on a starting place vs Liverpool.. by when I expect him to get to full fitness and after that contest with Ballack and Malouda realistically for a starting place..

It was a MoM performance. He may come on as a sub for Ballack and move into the Hole with Lampard taking Ballack's role on RCM.

He should start against Appoel in midweek and if all goes well he may start in the Hole against the Scousers. He is our best player in the Hole along with Deco. And we need Lampard in his natural positionin CM.

Were taking poor numbers to this compared to previous years the away end holds over 5k we got an original 3.5k tickets with an option for the rest ( they will just be netted over now) and couldnt even sell that, but hey ill be in the marquee bar place under the stand around half 12 away games are soooo much better than home games

Im not so sure we can get out of jail this time round, we might somehow lose, unless We play very, very agrresive in the first 10mins, get a goal early, and play our retarted defensive play, then in the 94min, Titus Bramble will score from a free header.

THIS IS THE END OF THE WINNING STREAK!!!!!!!!!!!

Duno why just dont feel overly confident.Us and Wigan away seems to be a weird fixture/performance.Can see another Stoke game happening.They've been crap latley so prob turn into a pain for us!

Play like Sunday be fine no Porto repeat.Just go for it etc and hope Joey plays!Even if it just for a half to rest him for Weds still be nice!

Im not so sure we can get out of jail this time round, we might somehow lose, unless We play very, very agrresive in the first 10mins, get a goal early, and play our retarted defensive play, then in the 94min, Titus Bramble will score from a free header.

look forward to many more optimistic posts like thiscensored.gif

What do you mean this is the end of the winning streak? Are Wigan that really great a team? We should be able to win this easy, I would have thought. Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Edited by Blueray

If we can't beat Wigan, who are absolutely abysmal at the minute, I'll be very, very surprised. Call it what you will; complacency, or even arrogance on my part, but I really think if we can't beat Wigan and beat them comfortably, then there is something up.

I lol'd...