Fulham vs Chelsea

BlueLion.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think our midfield will make the difference today, Essien should be able to deal with anything in the holding role, If we start Deco he can play quality ball to our strikers and as someone already mentioned Fulham like to play attacking football, Deco's passing could come in handy on the counter attack.

I see us starting with

Cech

Bosingwa - Terry - Alex - A.Cole

Essien

Ballack - Deco

Lampard

Drogba - Anelka

If the diamond hold's its shape well and The Boss and Ashley get up the wings I'm expecting us to win, However if Fulham manage to disrupt the diamond working and get in amongst them we could be in trouble. I really hope Deco starts because this is the sort of game where he will have time on the ball.

All in all i'm predicting us to scrape it 2-1, a DD, Drogba double, Both in the second half, Both coming late.

Edited by ShaneCFC

Carlo Ancelotti retains the 4-3-2-1 formation used successfully at Sunderland but makes personnel changes.

Nicolas Anelka and Frank Lampard will be the two players fielded behind Didier Drogba. Florent Malouda comes into the deeper midfield three with John Mikel Obi taking over from Michael Essien in the centre.

Ricardo Carvalho returns in place of Branislav Ivanovic.

Fulham, who play the same 4-4-2 as Sunderland, bring Damien Duff in on the left and push Clint Dempsey up front in place of injured Andy Johnson.

Chelsea are expected to line up in the following 4-3-2-1 formation:

1 Petr Cech

17 José Bosingwa

6 Ricardo Carvalho

26 John Terry ©

3 Ashley Cole

13 Michael Ballack

12 John Mikel Obi

15 Florent Malouda

8 Frank Lampard

39 Nicolas Anelka

11 Didier Drogba

Substitutes: 22 Ross Turnbull, 2 Branislav Ivanovic, 41 Sam Hutchinson, 5 Michael Essien, 20 Deco, 21 Salomon Kalou, 23 Daniel Sturridge.

Fulham are expected to line up in the following 4-4-2 formation:

Schwarzer; Pantsil, Hughes, Hangeland, Konchesky; Gera, Murphy ©, Etuhu, Duff; Dempsey, Zamora.

Subs: Zuberbuhler, Kelly, Baird, Riise, Seol, Nevland, Kamara.

The referee is Andre Marriner.

ChelseaFc.com