test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CFC-Lloydy

Aiyegbeni Yakubu

Started by CFC-Lloydy,

When i was at the Chelsea - Valencia game last weeki heard someone saying, we're thinking about putting a bid in for YakubuHe wouldn't be on the top of my list!!You guys heard anything?I'd prefer Berbatov who's proved himself! :)

Yakubu is someone who I never really thought about. I seen his stats from the past few seasons and its pretty good. But would he be ideal for us. Well he can score goals so it cant be a bad start and as for Berbatov, he 's shown he can be a stroppy bitch. Something we dont need.Thats my job :)

So that probably counts him out thenBut whoever we go for, needs to be able to play up there on his ownbecause for me, thats when we play our best football, when the wingers can bomb it forward and put balls in!!

So that probably counts him out thenBut whoever we go for, needs to be able to play up there on his ownbecause for me, thats when we play our best football, when the wingers can bomb it forward and put balls in!!
Our wingers bomb forward and cut inside....thats a problem I think we need to address first.

That's because Joe Cole is not really a winger, and we usually use him on the left and he's right footed. Wright-Phillips cuts inside because he knows his crossing is substandard. Can't comment on Malouda and Kalou is more of a forward than a winger.

Edit: As for Yakubu, he's a good player, but I'm not convinced he's the kind of quality we need. I wouldn't be distraught if we signed him, but you kind of expect better.

Good striker, i rate him a lot.. quite similar to Drogba.. he is certainly wasting his time at that club. but unfortunately for us he is African and that rules him out really

We seem to be linked with a lot of Average players at the moment who are massively overhyped, Yakubu, Anelka, Berbatov - we have done the whole thing of buying players who are going to be "squad" players. Right now we need to be looking at improving quality, so we either spend big and go for a proven World class player like Eto'o, Villa or the likes or go for a young and aspiring world class player like Huntelaar.

Good player.. well built for his position.. so that'd make him hard to deal with for defenders.. but we need someone.. world class and maybe outside of the premiership

Good player.. well built for his position.. so that'd make him hard to deal with for defenders.. but we need someone.. world class and maybe outside of the premiership

Like shevchenko ?

well then you run the risk of having the player flop in the Prem because he can't handle the pace...... or you might have to wait a long time for him to adapt til he finally starts scoring (Drogba)

I'd rather see a proven Prem striker who we know what he's gonna give us game after game