Carvalho: Of Course I'm staying at Chelsea

Rambo

Ricardo Carvalho has declared that he is going to stay at Chelsea, despite speculation linking him with a move away from Stamford Bridge over the summer.

The 31-year-old central defender has played more than 100 Premier League games for the Blues since signing from Porto in 2004, and was on the scoresheet in the Community Shield win over Manchester Unitedspacer.gif on Sunday.

SkySports

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe it has to do with the fact that he's going to play a huge role in the team. I could understand being bitter with Deco, but no need for that with Riccy.

First

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/carvalho-eyes-Chelsea-exit-1734874.html

"I am ready to do it.

"I have spoken to the Chelsea executives and they know what I want. We shall see what happens.

"My agent Jorge Mendes knows what I want."

Then

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/15/Chelsea-deco-ricardo-carvalho-internazionale

"The club should have supported me more, which did not happen," the defender said. "When a player plays, everything is beautiful but, when things do not run so well, there is no support. I believe my time at Chelsea has come to an end. I am happy such a big club as Inter is interested in me. It would be good to return to working with Jose Mourinho."

Then

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/Chelsea/5984823/Chelsea-pricing-Inter-out-of-Deco-and-Carvalho-deals-says-Jose-Mourinho.html

"Every time I'm interested in one of their players, it looks quite different. In the summer we were told he was almost free to come. Two weeks later, when they know Inter are interested, it goes zero to five (million) and for Carvalho from five to 15 (million). Something like that."

This was 5 days ago now. Does this not surprise you that he comes out and says it now? He's an absolute twat if you ask me.

He's a hardworking defender that gives it all when on the pitch, off it he can't decide if a tamato is a vegtable or a fruit, good player but if he didn't give some verdications (sp?) of him leaving then people like WHS won't dislike him.

Like Ashley and Arse-hole fans i guess.

No need for you to remind me. I've been here all summer. Clearly you have your opinion and I have mine. To be honest we were looking to sell him, why wouldn't he be pissed off? Bottom line is we've made up and he's played a big role in the season already and if you want to carry on pissing and moaning about 3 quotes it won't be a popular decision given what he's done for us in the past 5 years and what he will accomplish this year. I wanted him gone before but I realize he's still just as capable as he was two years ago and rotating him and Alex will give us a lot of depth in central defense.

No need for you to remind me. I've been here all summer. Clearly you have your opinion and I have mine. To be honest we were looking to sell him, why wouldn't he be pissed off? Bottom line is we've made up and he's played a big role in the season already and if you want to carry on pissing and moaning about 3 quotes it won't be a popular decision given what he's done for us in the past 5 years and what he will accomplish this year. I wanted him gone before but I realize he's still just as capable as he was two years ago and rotating him and Alex will give us a lot of depth in central defense.

Chelsea were trying to sell him after he said he wanted to go or was they? We don't no so you can hardly use that as a point. I'm happy for what his done for us, but I'm not happy about the loyalty his shown towards the club and fans.

At the end of the day, He is a player that should be getting first team football no matter what club he is playing for. So if Chelsea are not going to give him that than that is a good reason for him to want to leave and no one can blame him for that. But i believe Carlo does like him as a player and he will be used this season if he can stay fit. Im sure Carlo and Ricardo would have spoken about this situation and im sure he knows where he stands with the team.

This is why players need to think before speaking. He came out with comments about leaving before getting the chance to know what Ancelotti had in mind for him. Clearly Ancelotti, like many see Carvalho as the perfect partner for JT. I find this a little hard on Alex as he proved that him and JT can be a formidable partnership at the back even if they do posses similar qualities.