blueboy9

England are as you said, are one of the top 2 teams in tests. But it's their approach to the game which isn't really "Champions" like. The approach is always defensive, although their isn't anything wrong in it but cricket has evolved a lot in the past decade or so and teams(thanks to the epic Australian team of the last decade) have started playing aggressive cricket which is not necessarily "flashy" but effective and more result oriented, it makes the game more exciting for the viewers. When i look at the England's team, there are players like KP, Bell, Prior who can be aggressive and entertaining but the approach of Cook and subsequently of the whole team is very defensive which makes the whole team boring for neutrals to watch.

The same was said about Chelsea when Mourinho lead us to back to back titles,my feelings about the style of play is the same with both, winning is all that really matters,what neutrals think is never on my our the team's mind.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scroll back to when England beat India 4-0 in England,was told to watch out for When England toured India then and saw England return with a 2-1 series victory.

I hope India win in South Africa to help England in their quest to be number 1 again,I doubt they will tho

I'll be watching the ashes again as it's on the same time,between that,spending time with my family at Christmas and going to Chelsea games I won't have much time to watch more cricket on top.

Boring England on the verge of going 3-0 up now as wickets tumble.

Haha!

Looking at the way Cook captained when Australia came to bat today, i was not surprised at his defensive and negative approach! And the Australians took full advantage of that! But seriously, this Australian team has absolutely no character! Clarke's dismissal was just brilliant but the rest of the Australian pack should be ashamed of themselves. And Watson got lbw. Again. :lol: What a collapse!!

Cricket has always intrigued me. I've tried to watch it before and really want to like it but most of the time I have no clue what is going on. Then you've got the fact that I don't know the difference between the different types of game.

• 2 weeks later...

Cricket has always intrigued me. I've tried to watch it before and really want to like it but most of the time I have no clue what is going on. Then you've got the fact that I don't know the difference between the different types of game.

Try watching the T20 match on right now.

It's good if you are new since it's full of hitting, England vs Australia.

• 4 weeks later...