blueboy9

Definitely agree! I don't understand what the logic was with 1-match a day. Probably a marketing scam to try and get as much revenue from sponsorship and all as they can, also probably trying to hinder the IPL which schedules to kick off 2-weeks after the final.

Atrocious planning by the ICC.

And a month after the World Cup the English cricket season starts along with our test matches over here against India and Sri Lanka(i think).

I think the ICC should of done the recommended format in this world cup as most people will only start taking a real interest from the quarter final's onwards.

Even the Sky pundits are already getting bored! lol

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

India's lower order are very, very poor. Shame Gambir, Tendulkar and Yuvraj were at the crease so long... Tendulkar has won them the game, but England do have an outside chance of posting a respectable 300.

No, they are not poor, they are actually very good, just didn't perform at all today. Lost like 6-7 wickets in the last 5 overs, what a joke. I'd say everyone till Harbajan Singh is capable of giving you a 50.

Yeah, just like bir_h said, India's lower-order are very good on a good day. Harbhajan knows how to find a 6, and get a 50 on a good day. Zaheer's no stranger to getting a few boundaries either. I was quite disappointed Yusuf didn't get more runs than he actually did, but I guess he bats better when there's more pressure laid upon him.

Our bowling will have to be dead on, because Strauss and Pietersen can be dangerous if they're allowed to settle. Munaf's been on good form lately so I back him to have a good day, but as is the case with India, we rely on our part-time bowlers more than anyone :lol: . Yuvraj & Kholi can all take wickets, along with Harbhajan and Chawla.

Horrible bowling and fielding from India right now. They've thrown away a sure thing, looks like this is England's game to lose now.

Credit to Strauss, having a great knock. Bell should be given out, can't believe he got off on a technicality.

Very disappointed with India. We led to our own down-fall, should've been a comfortable victory for us but poor fielding let us down big time!

That being said, credit to England for sticking it to us, Strauss was sensational, leading from the front.