test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueboy9

The Cricket Thread

Started by blueboy9,

2,462 posts in this topic

I'm one f the few who hate T20s. Gimme Tests all day long.

i am with you on that..to me what Beach Football is to Football,20twenty is to cricket...i guess it get`s new fans introduced to the game,but Test matches and Test Series are by far the best test of how good a nation is at Cricket..and well..i just love the twists and turns of a good 5 day game,in a one day game or a T20 game, a bad half hour and you`ve probably lost the game,i prefer a longer drawn out battle..get the munchies in and chill out for the next couple of days infront of the TV..well when i`m off work..also to me if you aint playing in white you aint playing cricket.

Guys what happened to Simon Jones?! I haven't seen him since 2005 in that great Ashes series! He was an amazing swing bowler!

he was a brilliant bowler full stop really..but sadly he had a very bad knee injury not long after that series..he came back for Glamorgan after a long lay off but re-injured himself..got fit..re-injured himself and so on..was released by Glamorgan a couple of years ago ,now plays for Worcester..

Talent wise he would still probably be our best bowler..but i don`t think he`ll ever play for England again..his knees just can`t seem to hold up for any decent length of time to be considered for all the international matches we play each year...such a shame.

Certainly disagree with you on T20... to me it's like Masters Football/Five-a-Side if you're going to much such an analogy! Attacking bowling, attacking batting... much more enjoyable then seeing six straight maiden overs IMO.

Ollie likes this

Certainly disagree with you on T20... to me it's like Masters Football/Five-a-Side if you're going to much such an analogy! Attacking bowling, attacking batting... much more enjoyable then seeing six straight maiden overs IMO.

I used to like them 3 years back. They were a refreshing change from the ODI format which had become too dragged out. After India won the 2007 T20 World Cup, the media here went ballistic and the people were crazy about it. Then the IPL started next year and that just ruined it tbh. It's insane the amount of T20s they play these days. The IPL gave us folks here such an overdose of it that I began hating the format. Tests were always my first love. I used to play for the varsity at state level and let me tell you, everyone who has played Tests will say they are the real deal. I think we will eventually see the ODIs disappear with just Tests and T20s left.

India to play 4 tests and 5 ODIs in England next July. Any of you plan to go?

Tri-Series final update : Sri Lanka 165/2 in 30 overs

Indeed, well batted Broad. Anderson in now, reckon he'll get a dozen or so before getting out.

Trott to pass 200* with any luck.

never though i`d see a 9th man score 169 more runs than KP..Trott was brilliant too...that first innings was crazy stuff..at 102-7 Pakistan must have thought we were there for the kill,now it`s finished at 446 all out..Pakistan are really gonna struggle to even draw it..their heads must be shot now like when a footie team goes 2-0 up before going 3-2 down.

I do not understand how our cricket team works. And after 15 years of desperately trying to, im convinced i never will.

Really feel ashamed that the people representing Pakistan just did that. Guessing you've all heard about the Match Fixing Row. Disgraceful.

i can't figure out cricket.... help me

Its a 11 vs 11 game where two batsmen are out in the middle at a time against 11 from the opposition side who bowl and field.

Each Over that a bowler bowls consists of 6 balls. And for every 22 yards of the pitch the two batsmen together cover by running at the opposite end of the pitch counts for 1 run. A Home Run is counted as SIXER but if the ball bounces before the boundary line and then crosses it thats a FOUR.

The game is in 3 formats.

TESTS: Goes on for 5 Days. PURISTS LOVE IT. Its the ultimate duel between a bat and a ball. But you have to have patience to watch it.

One Day International: 50 Over(6Balls = 1 OVer) Game. Team batting second needs to score one more than the team that batted first in 50 overs.(Both teams get 50 overs)

20-20: Carnival Cricket......PURISTS HATE IT. Its a 20 over format, similar to One Day Internationals but 20 overs for each teams. Its Slam Bam Cricket. Not Boring at all....

Oh...and in cricket when you Hit the Ball and Run...You carry your bat along not throw it. ;)

Duppy Conqueror likes this