blueboy9

I'll be happy with 375 now. On second thought, make that 350.

Haha, the great Indian collapse! Some things never change.

I hate Stuart Binny, don't know if he is good enough player or not but he gets to home to this.

7952_1.jpg

I think that's more than he could have asked for in his life.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, the great Indian collapse! Some things never change.

I hate Stuart Binny, don't know if he is good enough player or not but he gets to home to this.

7952_1.jpg

I think that's more than he could have asked for in his life.

Life is unfair.

England will win the game if they get a first innings lead.

There'll be a result or some day 5 final over shenanigans because neither team is good enough to get a draw, unless there's some rain or bad light. A draw actually requires a certain amount of quality, you have to be good enough to bat out for five days and even on a featherbed (one with runs in it, mind, not something pointless like this), that's not easy. One team or the other will eventually fold. I haven't got my hands on the empirical data but I'd be willing to bet that there are fewer draws than ever these days despite everything being in the favour of batsmen - this, along with the massive spate in whitewashes since the 2011 World Cup, and the home track bully nature of every test side going around; is a strong indicator that the cricket of the 2010s will be hugely inferior in quality to that of the 60s-00s (I understand the 50s were the last time things were this bad).

On the topic of pitch doctoring, the only way this will stop is if nobody shows up to attend any of the future tests in this series. Teach the ECB that fans can't be taken for granted and that the county game is in dire need of financial reform. Counties wouldn't be doing this if it weren't necessary for solvency. Either that or create some sort of ombudsman that will hold curators accountable for the pitches they produce.

There'll be a result or some day 5 final over shenanigans because neither team is good enough to get a draw, unless there's some rain or bad light. A draw actually requires a certain amount of quality, you have to be good enough to bat out for five days and even on a featherbed (one with runs in it, mind, not something pointless like this), that's not easy. One team or the other will eventually fold. I haven't got my hands on the empirical data but I'd be willing to bet that there are fewer draws than ever these days despite everything being in the favour of batsmen - this, along with the massive spate in whitewashes since the 2011 World Cup, and the home track bully nature of every test side going around; is a strong indicator that the cricket of the 2010s will be hugely inferior in quality to that of the 60s-00s (I understand the 50s were the last time things were this bad).

On the topic of pitch doctoring, the only way this will stop is if nobody shows up to attend any of the future tests in this series. Teach the ECB that fans can't be taken for granted and that the county game is in dire need of financial reform. Counties wouldn't be doing this if it weren't necessary for solvency. Either that or create some sort of ombudsman that will hold curators accountable for the pitches they produce.

Why are you so pissed? Losing a bet? :Goober:

Well, well, well.. Indian tail are capable of producing big batting innings again? Bhuvi eclipsed a Kumble batting stand, much needed as well. We would've struggled to defend without that performance! This test is India's for the taking I feel, Jadeja and Binny will have to be at their very best. Don't think Bhuvi's done yet either.

Well, well, well.. Indian tail are capable of producing big batting innings again? Bhuvi eclipsed a Kumble batting stand, much needed as well. We would've struggled to defend without that performance! This test is India's for the taking I feel, Jadeja and Binny will have to be at their very best. Don't think Bhuvi's done yet either.

Calm down, it's on a wicket flatter than Keira Knightley's chest.

You could bowl a half-eaten satsuma at Cook and he'd find a way to get himself out.

Isn't it sad? The guy's a modern day great, I was there at the ground when he made his Test debut in Nagpur back in 2006 - batted beautifully, got a hundred in the second innings and I knew straightaway he'd be a fantastic player.

I hope his shit form continues for 4 more tests, mind. India have suffered enough at his hands.

Isn't it sad? The guy's a modern day great, I was there at the ground when he made his Test debut in Nagpur back in 2006 - batted beautifully, got a hundred in the second innings and I knew straightaway he'd be a fantastic player.

I hope his shit form continues for 4 more tests, mind. India have suffered enough at his hands.

He needs to stop over-thinking things and try and just get bat on ball. The poor bloke doesn't know what the fuck he's doing at the minute.