blueboy9

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very slow pitch and England batting 4th - we will regret not picking Ashwin. Both sides have misread the wicket.

While I agree somewhat, I think we've made the right call not selecting Ashwin. he hasn't been, imo, the player we've known him to be lately. his form isn't great and I do think he got too used to being a default selection. That being said, lacking a premiere spinner will cost us..

While I agree somewhat, I think we've made the right call not selecting Ashwin. he hasn't been, imo, the player we've known him to be lately. his form isn't great and I do think he got too used to being a default selection. That being said, lacking a premiere spinner will cost us..

atleast india have a spinner

Very slow pitch and England batting 4th - we will regret not picking Ashwin. Both sides have misread the wicket.

Just a bit. The cynic in me says this is a flat, lifeless corporate wicket, because the club want five days. Very poor.

I just don't know what Binny brings to the table on this pitch. Does he bat? Supposedly. But Ashwin has a test hundred. Does he bowl? Supposedly. But Ashwin has 100 test wickets. Will he bowl anything that'll trouble England? Unlikely. He'll be worse than Ben Stokes. I'll say this again - both teams have misread the pitch and gone for an extra seamer. India should've played Ashwin and since England don't have a spinner at all, they should've picked a better bowler than Ben Stokes. They bat all the way to Broad at #9 - overkill on a placid pitch like this one.

This is complete, Eden Gardens style shit. At least the runfests played out at the SSC have runs in them. This is like watching teams endlessly pass it around the back for a 0-0 draw.

Blame Enland's negative tactics, either way outside off or short into the ribs from around the wicket. India will be delighted with a drawn test.

Just a bit. The cynic in me says this is a flat, lifeless corporate wicket, because the club want five days. Very poor.

Atherton mention on commentary that that the counties pay upwards of a million or two to host a Test. Natural consequence.

Atherton mention on commentary that that the counties pay upwards of a million or two to host a Test. Natural consequence.

As a Notts member, I'm privy to their financial information for each academic year. They make approx £500,000 per day per Test, no wonder they want the fifth day.

As a Notts member, I'm privy to their financial information for each academic year. They make approx £500,000 per day per Test, no wonder they want the fifth day.

For any Test? Or for 'premium' ones like India and Australia?

For any Test? Or for 'premium' ones like India and Australia?

The data I have seen was something like:

India at Trent Bridge, 2011: approx £480,000 per day.

West Indies at Trent Bridge, 2012: approx £300,000 per day.

Australia at Trent Bridge, 2013: approx £610,000 per day.

Hardly surprising they'd want a fifth day.

Wow, is this an English pitch or was the soil imported from the sub continent. My home ground Mohali has better pace and carry than this one.

I am not complaining though. Hope we now score close to 500 and then England score 500 and then India score 500 and test ends.

Wow, is this an English pitch or was the soil imported from the sub continent. My home ground Mohali has better pace and carry than this one.

I am not complaining though. Hope we now score close to 500 and then England score 500 and then India score 500 and test ends.

I'll be happy with 375 now. On second thought, make that 350.

I just don't know what Binny brings to the table on this pitch. Does he bat? Supposedly. But Ashwin has a test hundred. Does he bowl? Supposedly. But Ashwin has 100 test wickets. Will he bowl anything that'll trouble England? Unlikely. He'll be worse than Ben Stokes. I'll say this again - both teams have misread the pitch and gone for an extra seamer. India should've played Ashwin and since England don't have a spinner at all, they should've picked a better bowler than Ben Stokes. They bat all the way to Broad at #9 - overkill on a placid pitch like this one.

Binny is Sanjay Bangar 2.0