Chelsea vs Manchester United

BlueLion.

Hopfully Foster have a slightly weird day and Cech not so much!!

Please let us win on pens if it comes to it..just for bloody once.

Cant believe how quick its gone! Just remember thinking omg the season is agges away and now...its pretty much here eeep

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darling, I've been supporting Chelsea since i was 5 years old. I have every jersey made since 1989. I have watched nearly every game broadcasted here in Australia since then. (Keep in mind thats waking up anytime between 11pm and 6am). Now ,i am not a know-it-all like most, but don't you ever question my support for Chelsea! I will always be critical of the decisions made by our 'higher ups'. We have had some shockers in the past ,have we not?

Not to dredge up the past, but Chelsea "Bosses" have made some terrible decisions. I believe Ancelotti is another one of them! Trying to sign a player like Andrea Pirlo to play in the Premier League just shows his level of intelligence for our game. Pirlo may be a great player in Italy, But the PL is a whole new ball game. Now i know we need a back up for the ACofN, but please, not Pirlo!

Anything less than a Premiership Victory this year will be a total failure! Liverpool, Arsenal, and Mancester United have all lost major players. We are at full strength. Ancelotti has not inherited a team that comes in around 10th, we are one of the best! So anything less than first is a failure.

Gary,

Thanks for the clarification... no worries won't doubt your loyalties again but do you think you could try for a little bit of positive thinking now and again??? Might make you little more bearable for the rest of us :) if not I'll enjoy the "verbal" sparring...

No that I did as you asked and not questioned your supporter status... do me one and don't ever call me darling again.

I am hoping an praying that your opinion and assumptions regarding Ancelotti are wrong! Not because their yours but because the team needs consistancy and not a change in management after 3 months! The rotating management situation is doing a lot of harm on a lot of levels.

BTW I love your last statement! :)

Gary,

Thanks for the clarification... no worries won't doubt your loyalties again but do you think you could try for a little bit of positive thinking now and again??? Might make you little more bearable for the rest of us smile.gif if not I'll enjoy the "verbal" sparring...

No that I did as you asked and not questioned your supporter status... do me one and don't ever call me darling again.

I am hoping an praying that your opinion and assumptions regarding Ancelotti are wrong! Not because their yours but because the team needs consistancy and not a change in management after 3 months! The rotating management situation is doing a lot of harm on a lot of levels.

BTW I love your last statement! smile.gif

smile.gif Blueschick, I am usually alot more positive. I've just had my doubt's about the man in the past. Even when he was coaching at Milan, i use to think he was average at best.. Anybody who goes up 3-0 in a CL final and then loses on penalties IMO, ain't that great! When the rumours popped up of us signing him, I prayed we wouldn't agree to terms. Although, he has shown good qualities within the club so far (A strong bond with the senior players and giving the younger guy's a run) i still see a weakness in his coaching. Last season his Superstar side wasn't even playing CL football and still couldn't challenge for the Scudetta.

For the last 3 seasons we have just missed out on the title by either a draw or 2 wins at the most! we can't afford to drop any point's this year. If we win every game 1-0 i will be more than happy with him! If his substittions (Where he tend's to change the platform of the team) are going to stuff us up, i won't be very happy. Last year on several occasions Guus only used 1 sub in the whole game! If we don't need to sub a player, don't sub them! Don't just throw them on there to give them a run if were not in the clear.

I just hope we can beat United this week! although many are saying it's not a big deal, I think it is.

Oh and sorry about the whole "Darling" thing! I was a little pissed! wink.gifwink.gif

smile.gif Blueschick, I am usually alot more positive. I've just had my doubt's about the man in the past. Even when he was coaching at Milan, i use to think he was average at best.. Anybody who goes up 3-0 in a CL final and then loses on penalties IMO, ain't that great! When the rumours popped up of us signing him, I prayed we wouldn't agree to terms. Although, he has shown good qualities within the club so far (A strong bond with the senior players and giving the younger guy's a run) i still see a weakness in his coaching. Last season his Superstar side wasn't even playing CL football and still couldn't challenge for the Scudetta.

For the last 3 seasons we have just missed out on the title by either a draw or 2 wins at the most! we can't afford to drop any point's this year. If we win every game 1-0 i will be more than happy with him! If his substittions (Where he tend's to change the platform of the team) are going to stuff us up, i won't be very happy. Last year on several occasions Guus only used 1 sub in the whole game! If we don't need to sub a player, don't sub them! Don't just throw them on there to give them a run if were not in the clear.

I just hope we can beat United this week! although many are saying it's not a big deal, I think it is.

Oh and sorry about the whole "Darling" thing! I was a little pissed! wink.gifwink.gif

I understand what you mean. It has been so frustrating to be so close and not be quite able to reach the prize. I wish we could have kept Guus and I think this season would have been awesome!! I respect him for honoring his commitment to Russia though, shows his character.

Carlo... I am hoping the substitutions have been a preseason thing and he won't substitute unless it is absolutely necessary. I hope that his vision works and that the team can find that spark that has been missing or fizzled the last few seasons.

Forgiven for the "Darling" thing. :) It is just a pet peeve of mine... living in the US and in the South it isn't always the most complimentary of phrases and it's used to make you feel like "the little woman who needs to be taken care of" ... So, nothing personal!

Have a wonderful day!! Time to start mine!

As long as we win, I don't really mind who plays, would pref Essien not to play on the right though if Ivanfield plays....that doesn't work

but with Boss-winger at RB and Essien on rmf I wouldn't mind it at all, I'm going to the game, HOPE IT'S A GOOD DAY OUT

Manchester United defender Nemanja Vidic will miss the start of the new Premier League season due to a calf injury.

Vidic has been struggling with the problem during pre-season and is expected to be sidelined for up to another fortnight.

The Serbia international will now sit out Sunday's Community Shield clash with Chelsea at Wembley and the following week's season opener at home to promoted Birmingham City.

Fellow defenders Wes Brown and Gary Neville are also sidelined, while United boss Sir Alex Ferguson admits it will be at least eight weeks before veteran keeper Edwin van der Sar recovers from a broken finger.

"Everyone is fit apart from Wes, Vidic and Neville," said Ferguson.

"Gary has done a bit of training, and he is coming along fine. And I expect Wes to be fit for the Birmingham match.

"Vidic is another week or two away and Edwin's injury is a bad one. He's out for 8-10 weeks, of course. So my first selection dilemma for Sunday is in goal."

Ferguson also confirmed that he will be treating the game with Chelsea, live on Sky Sports 2 & HD2, seriously and will not be using the fixture as an opportunity to work on his players' fitness.

He added: "In the past I've treated the Community Shield as a barometer for fitness and giving players some minutes on the clock. But this year I'm not looking at it like that.

"All the players are at a good level fitness-wise and everyone should be able to give a good account of themselves. And when you play Chelsea, pride comes into it and the players want to win."

From Sky.

I'd imagine they'll play Rafael at right-back, with Evans partnering Ferdinand at centre-back, Evra on the left with Foster in goal.