Club America vs Chelsea

maybe i am a little over confident (and maybe disregarding club america some), but i don't understand how this could be the biggest challenge thus far? sure, they beat inter and ac milan, but do you really feel both of those teams were taking the respective matches seriously, or at least as seriously as the matches against Chelsea? i feel the club america matches were taken as warm ups essentially to practice tactics...just my opinion.

that being said, because of the depth of Chelsea (and since there's a new coach), i feel players will be out to prove their worth (see malouda, deco, sheva, etc.) and should play as if first team football (and essentially a place on the Chelsea side) are in jeopardy. i still see Chelsea in a rout.

It's not that I think they're going to be more talented, I just expect them to put forward a stronger effort than either of the Milans. Also I expect the squad to be their first team squad. Lastly Mexican squads have a lot of pace and skill so we'll see. I just don't think this one's a given. I expect Drogba to be dominant though because I doubt Club America has any real size at the back.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea will line-up in a 4-1-2-1-2 formation as follows:

40 Hilario

42 Michael Mancienne

33 Alex

6 Ricardo Carvalho

41 Sam Hutchinson

5 Michael Essien

16 Scott Sinclair