AC Milan vs Chelsea

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I REALLY cant wait for this game!! I'm finally gonna see the boys live :) I'm thinking of bringing a sign too...look out for me. lol.

But anyways, the game. Chelsea should be able to beat them pretty easily, especially with a new and unproven manager. Gonna be a fun game for Carlo and Sheva.

This is the game I'm most looking forward to. I prefer Milan to Inter, therefore making me quite excited about this game. Sure, the Inter game will be a good game, but personally, I'm looking forward to this a lot more.

I hope Pato plays.

Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed Yuri Zhirkov is now clear to play and will figure against AC Milan on Friday evening.

The Russian, a new signing for the Blues, had previously been ruled out of appearing on the tour as he was still awaiting a work permit, but he has since been given the go ahead for action.

'Zhirkov is working very well now, he can play tomorrow for the first time for Chelsea and I will give him this opportunity to play for us,' said the Italian. 'He is a new player, very good because his quality we can use for our team. He will play tomorrow.'

The 25-year-old provides Ancelotti with options down the left, comfortable either at left-back or on the left-wing, while he could also tuck inside to fit the 4-4-2 diamond formation so far adopted by the manager.

The Milan fixture is one Ancelotti will have circled when he saw the schedule, a reunion that comes less than two months after he left the San Siro side to take charge at Chelsea. He admits that on a personal level this is a game with a difference.

'For sure it is not a normal game playing against Milan, it was eight years that I was there, and for sure it is a different game for me tomorrow but I want to stay with my mind on my team, because it's an important moment now,' he explained.

'We want to improve and know very well how this team can play. It is an important tournament because there are very good teams, Chelsea, Milan, Club America, Inter, it is a friendly but not really because every game is important for us to improve and find a good condition.

'It is important to win because when you win you stay well. Against Milan we want to do this, play well first and improve our condition.'

Sat alongside Ancelotti was John Mikel Obi, who it was announced this week has signed a new contract with the club that runs until 2014.

'Obi is a young player, he has great quality, technical, tactical, for the present and for the future he is a very important player for us,' the manager said.

'We are very happy he has signed a new contract, and I hope that he stays at Chelsea for a lot of years and I would like that he puts for the team his great quality.'

The player also spoke of his pleasure at signing the new deal and his expectations for working under Ancelotti.

'I think I am very pleased with the way things have gone for me since I have got here, every season I am improving and I am very pleased with the new contract and hope things go like last season, even better,' said the 22-year-old.

'It is a good thing for me if the team goes well with the new manager. I have worked with him for two weeks and we are trying to get to know the formation he wants to play. Before the season starts we are all going to be mentally focused and we're going to get the system right. The team wants to win titles and this is why he is here.'

Finally, it is worth noting that the 71,000 capacity M&T Bank Stadium, venue for the Milan clash, is already sold out. It is a pleasing situation for both player and manager.

'For us it is fantastic to have sold out the stadium, because there are a lot of fans that come to see the match. We want to do the best to give enjoyment and [make a] difference in the USA,' Ancelotti said.

Midfielder Mikel added: 'I think the fans have been great, they welcomed us very well and we have been very pleased with the way they welcomed us. We have to go out tomorrow and make sure we give them a good game.'

The match is live on Chelsea TV, with coverage beginning on Sky channel 421 at 0.30am.

Source: chelseafc