Dimitar Berbatov

captainmarvel

The Yids have said they want to hang on to Berbatov, but his agent has said hes open to offers.

Come on Roman give Grant the dosh and howver much it costs (it'll be loose change in your world) and get him immediately.

We could be in with a serious chance of the League if you do.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think he's an out and out striker, but he would certainly add something more creative up front. He has been a bit hot and cold this season, but he's getting into a bit of form now and could throw a strop to get a move if we make our intentions known.

Being proven in the Premiership isnt gonna guarentee that he could be a hit here too. Its getting the right sort of player to fit into the team shape, I suppose we could sign anyone and they'd fit in atm, cause we dont really have a shape :P

Lol true. He seems like one of those instinctive players that knows where the ball will drop, ala Nistlerooy, and can see him linking nicely with Joe Cole, Shevchenko.

Would definitely score a few, and even if he was a flop, a good reason to piss the yids off.

berba can score against reading doesnt mean he can score against the likes of madrid and inter.....

if im not wrg he have no champions league experience

villa can do alot better

Ferguson has played a clever strategy by showing apparent interest in Berbatov. Do they really need another striker ? No, imo, it was a way of getting the Yids to ask an unrealistic price

Well Man you do need a certain "type" of striker still, but it's not as if they are suffering without one. Although i think they will go for a more long term plan with a younger player like Huntelaar who they have already shown interest in rather than the older Berbatov.

Well Man you do need a certain "type" of striker still, but it's not as if they are suffering without one. Although i think they will go for a more long term plan with a younger player like Huntelaar who they have already shown interest in rather than the older Berbatov.

Of the two mercenaries -would tend to pick the proven Anelka, though Getting Berbatov has the added bonus of fucking off the Yids.

On Berbatov;

DIMITAR BERBATOV: world-class or poseur? The next Cantona or flat-track bully?

Of his 12 Premiership goals last season, just one — against Everton — came against a team that finished higher than 12th.

The rest were courtesy of relegated Charlton (three in two games), relegated Sheffield United, Wigan (two in two games), West Ham, Man City, Newcastle and Middlesbrough (two in two).

There has been a slight improvement this season, with strikes against Arsenal, Portsmouth and Aston Villa. Yet of his tally of eight, half came at home to a Reading side who have conceded 29 in 10 away games.

..so he'd have to raise his game against the 'big' teams to be a major asset to us.

Berbatov could fit that criteria, and getting a 'proven' player is not neccesarily the right move, as Wenger has proven. ie the team that beat West ham 2-0 cost less than Torres.

With anelka we know he'll put a few away, though I doubt he'd be around long. He has more clubs than Tiger Woods.

Berbatov could fit that criteria, and getting a 'proven' player is not neccesarily the right move, as Wenger has proven. ie the team that beat West ham 2-0 cost less than Torres.

With anelka we know he'll put a few away, though I doubt he'd be around long. He has more clubs than Tiger Woods.

Lol, very good :D

Should we not be looking long term though if we are going to spend big on a striker. I doubt either Anelka or Berbatov would be ideal long term players.

Should we not be looking long term though if we are going to spend big on a striker. I doubt either Anelka or Berbatov would be ideal long term players.

Agree, although Anelka has never been a long term player at any club. He always seems to stay few years then bugger off. He could well do a job till the summer then we could look at our options once more when the market becomes more open.

Its finding the balance to not put out Drogba, Shevchenko, Pizarro Sahar? Good if we could loan someone like Anelka just during the ACN :)

If Arnesen would stop counting his cash for a few minutes and find someone....

I like the sound of a loan deal with anelka actually... Tbh, he may be a cracking player, but I just cant stand the bloke! last person i'd want to see at Chelsea! (not exactly the last... ) ;)

They're asking stupid money for berbatov, and if Man you and us both showed them what they wanted in terms of cash (£35m) ¬_¬ then he will go to Man Utd, say "i couldnt go to another london club" or something like that...

Its finding the balance to not put out Drogba, Shevchenko, Pizarro Sahar? Good if we could loan someone like Anelka just during the ACN :)

If Arnesen would stop counting his cash for a few minutes and find someone....

To be honest though, Sheva has been very wishy washy and is not getting younger, Pizarro has been very poor and not looking like improving, Sahar is a good 2/3 seasons off being a first team regular and Drogba has always been so tempramental he could leave at any given summer.....

We need real quality, when you look at the best teams in Europe more often than not you notice their strikers first because they are always the best players.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You