Steve Sidwell

Aesthetic Relic

Aston Villa target Steve Sidwell will hold talks with Luiz Felipe Scolari before deciding whether or not he will leave Chelsea.

Sidwell's future at Stamford Bridge has been the subject of intense speculation all summer after he failed to hold down a place in the Chelsea side last season.

Aston Villa are thought to be leading the chase for the former Reading star with a host of other Premier League clubs also monitoring his situation.

Sidwell's agent Eric Walters says the player wants to talk with new Chelsea boss Scolari before making a decision on his future and he would be entitled to a pay-off if he does leave Stamford Bridge just one year after arriving on a free transfer.

Steve-Sidwell_959073.jpg

"Steve feels Villa are a very, very good club and would offer a very good future for him," Walters told the Daily Mail.

"But he is in no rush to leave Chelsea. There is a new manager coming in and he would at least like to meet with him over the next couple of weeks to discuss his future in person.

"He is entitled to some compensation if Chelsea agree to part with him."

Source: Sky Sports

Edited by EskWeston

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought sidwell got a proper chance at Chelsea. Then agian he was never really going to get a chance !

The fact that whenever we were short of numbers in midfield we played SWP instead of Sidwell shows that there is just no point in him hanging around, for himself more than anything else.

Steve is a solid back up. He's not a cunt like many of our star players. He's a blue collar mid who isn't afraid of getting a knock which is more than I can say for Lampard. Can't count all the times I saw #8 not get into a play when he needed to just becuase it was a shit side we were playing.

Steve is good for English footie. I don't want to see him leave, but for his sake he needs to go so he can better himself.

Steve is a solid back up. He's not a cunt like many of our star players. He's a blue collar mid who isn't afraid of getting a knock which is more than I can say for Lampard. Can't count all the times I saw #8 not get into a play when he needed to just becuase it was a shit side we were playing.

Steve is good for English footie. I don't want to see him leave, but for his sake he needs to go so he can better himself.

Completely agree. Would be nice to keep him because he is a raw talent, but he needs time to mature into the good player we all know he is capable of becoming, and he just won't get that time at CFC.

• 2 weeks later...

Confirmed by CFC too now.

Well thats the first one out of the door of an expected 6 or so. No big suprise really and it is good for all concerned, and also we will make a nice little profit on him too which is always a bonus.

btw. He is entitled to some compensation if Chelsea agree to part with him.

Well we have, but why is that? We're not forcing him to leave, we're selling him to another club where he will likely receive a signing on fee anyway.

Wonder if anyone can shed any light on it? Must be a clause special to his contract...

Well it is only his agent who has said anything about it, so who knows if it is true or not? But if he is due compensation then it will most certainly be a clause in his contract.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You