Yuri Zhirkov

DavidEU

What does his English have to do with him being on the bench? When Cole was injuried he was superb. And how can you rate Matic as unsucessful if he hadn't play that much. Oh and btw players like Ramires, Alex, Drogba, Essien, Kalou, Bosingwa etc didn't know English either when they came here...

He definitely won"t be leaving till next season...

Anyway, it seems like it is a bad idea to get Russian or eastern europe players who doesn't speak English, it makes communication worst.

MAYBE we should get rid of our owner as well ..he never seems to speak English either....BRING BACK KEN BATES:clown:

On the pitch they need to communicate and a common language is definitely required. I don't believe such thing called "football language" thats bs for a top team.

If Carlo cannot deliver what he wants Zhrikov to do, how the hell is he able to perform well?

If he does not even make it to the XI, do you think he is really that highly rated?

You defintely have your opinions, but this is what I felt on Eastern Europe players.

Actually Serbia can refered as in both Central and Eastern Europe because of it's past in Soviet Block.

Yugoslavia stepped out of the Warshaw pact, because Tito and Stalin had an argument.

South Eastern Europe is correct.

• 5 months later...

Okay, I'm really concerned.

This source - http://www.yanks-abr...content&id=7383 - says Zhirkov is struggling from a calf muscle strain, but he has not played since November. I've had my share of calf injuries, and I promise, no matter how severe the strain is, it does not result in 3 and a half months out with injury.

I have two major concerns - how is Yury, but perhaps most importantly, what the fuck are our medical team up to?

:lol: I've been trying to find something for months now (as my status shows). The club won't say anything. Typically.

I stop questioning our medical team, it's not our place to comment. We can't speculate how they work because there's no proof they're not working efficiently. It's quite harsh to blame them for lack of information.

I feel sorry for Zhirkov. Doesn't get played in his preferred position, doesn't get a game much and now injuries. Seems to have been a waste of 18m. Is there time or another final chance for him to start playing and shining?