Daniele de Rossi

the wes

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roma have played down reports that Daniele De Rossi could be set to join Real Madrid or Chelsea in January.

The Italian international was said to be high on the New Year wanted list of both Real and Chelsea.

But Roma have moved to reiterate that the 26-year-old is staying at the Stadio Olimpico.

"These are baseless rumours, Rossispacer.gif is absolutely unsellable," Roma's technical director Bruno Contispacer.gif told the Corriere dello Sport.

"He won't go either to Chelsea or Real Madrid, nor elsewhere.

"De Rossispacer.gif is a player of Roma today, tomorrow and after tomorrow - I don't think there is much else to add."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5718881,00.html

Don't think we really need him...

Ballack is 36(?) now, that doesn't look like a longer term replacement to me honestly! I've never really been a fan of Mikel honestly, thats especially because of his aggressive game. His fouls aren't in proportion to what he wins with them.

To see Essien play on the right-side of the midfield (where he should play imo) for example is really:delight:. Despite him being a really powerful player, with a really nice drive in midfield, he does not collect stupid cards & fouls like Mikel sometimes does.

Must admit that Mikel was pretty good in our game against Wolves though ;).

• 1 year later...

Chelsea consider De Rossi

Daniele-de-Rossi-1.jpg

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas is reportedly looking to Roma star Daniele De Rossi this summer.

The midfielder’s future at his hometown club is by no means secure, as his contract expires in June 2012.

So far there have been problems in negotiating a renewal, so the Giallorossi might have to sell in order to avoid losing him on a free transfer.

According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Chelsea and their new manager Villas-Boas are lining up a bid to take advantage of the situation.

De Rossi would be the ideal replacement for Michael Essien, who has picked up a serious injury that will keep him out for at least six months.

The 2006 World Cup winner had already been linked with Chelsea under Carlo Ancelotti’s tenure.

-----------------------------

Source:- Football Italia

-----------------------------

Just read that his contract expires next year, we should put a bid in, he could easily force a move with the threat of someone getting him for free.

Or we could tap him up, whatever works best. We seem to be pretty good at both.

If we're taking someone from Roma it should be David Pizzarro, especially with Essien looking like he'll miss a portion of the season.

Nah, he is 31while De Rossi is 27-28. Those three years make a bid difference. Besides isn't De Rossi a box to box MF like Essien?

And look at that beard, if there is one thing we need at Chelsea it is more Epic Beard Men.

Italy-s-Daniele-De-Rossi-150610014308.jpg

I honestly don't believe this to be a good signing for us. For all it's worth, if Boas is looking to add flair to our squad, then Modric (should he join) and De Rossi wouldn't be able to fit into the same midfield.

Hell Modric would be pushing out Mikel in our current squad, and Mikel is 24! :blink:

Nah, he is 31while De Rossi is 27-28. Those three years make a bid difference. Besides isn't De Rossi a box to box MF like Essien?

I thought Pizzarro was the box-to-box? But yeah, didn't realise his age. If De Rossi is box-to-box, then I'd be all for it, providing it's on a low wage & transfer fee. Because he's not vital when we've got Mikel & Ramires to fill in for Ess, should we need it.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You