Benzema joins Real

BlueLion.

I've been watching Rangers vs Lyon, and I've been watching Lyon's strike force in particular. It consists of Kkarim Benzema who turns 20 next week and Hatem Ben Arfa who is barely 18. Both have electric pace and phenomenal close control, they would be absolutely perfect in our attack as they can operate as strikers or in a wide position, very much in the Kalou mould although much better at it in my opinion. It won't be long before these two attract attention from the likes of Milan, Barcelona and Real Madrid, so I believe we should snap one of them up. Personally, Benzema is the better of the pair IMO, and I think he would be able to cope with the pace of the Premier League. His goalscoring record is quite something this season, and would be a perfect long-term replacement for Drogba if/when he leaves.What do you think?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching the Rangers match myself......Tbh, neither have really done that much to make them stand out. One player I do like is Alan Hutton. (RB). Loves to get forward and is getting loads of attention recently due to his performances for Rangers and Scotland

I think you might have tempted fate with that, Tri-Blue. Rangers were unlucky, but Benzema is quality. Two goals and an assist tonight.
still wasnt that impressed tbh. He took his second goal well, but his first was due to an error by Cuellar who misjudged the flight of the ball leaving him 1 on 1 with McGregor.Each to their own thumbsup.gif

He is very much in the Henry mould. I have watched him many times, he likes to ghost around the penalty area. The good thing is that he is a very selfless player and gains as many assists as he does goals. A sound investment, should we go for him. Ben Arfa would be worth a shot, too.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea are ready to launch a bid for Olympique Lyon sensation Karim Benzema. The People says in the space of a few months Benzema has established himself as probably the best young striker in the business and Chelsea plan to beat everyone to his signature.

It is an open secret that Didier Drogba wants out and Chelsea are convinced that Benzema can fill his boots.

Grant has already landed Benzema's French international teammate Nicolas Anelka for £15m and the pair could play together for club and country next season.

Seems a great player. I've got some mates in France who are very excited over him, and keep saying how well he is doing and improving.

I think he averages a goal a game so far this season, and has practically everything a striker needs, and hes only 19?

Blue Lion watches him a fair bit too as a 'OL fan', and obviously thinks highly of him.