test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

robaldo

Give Us Feedback/Bugs Thread

Started by robaldo,

2,921 posts in this topic

I like the date, It shows who has been loyal to the site and has been around since it opened.

the date is fine, just not the exact amount of days and month's since you joined.

June 2007 for example, is all you need.

Think its all top class :) And i like that counter thing too, no need removing something which isn't really doing any harm if some people like it.

I'm happy with everything tbh, credit to the mods, admins and every member :) It's all top stuff and doesn't need any chopping-changing in the most part, though it would be great if we avoid threads going off-topic and full of back-and-forth arguments. Maybe a card system for warnings can be trialled. Though as I said, it's all good and there's nothing that I think is really pressing.

Hats off the the mods and admins for making this site good

ive done a little bit of admin myself and my brain came out my ear in steaming hot liquid form

so i kinda know how hard it is to run the site

I've put a edit time restriction to 5 minutes after a post is made, please tell me if it works.

It did work, but it seems you have removed it.

why?

I removed it, because its a pain in the bum. If you want to edit posts in the Prediction League, for instance, you wouldn't be able to. It also means there will be more double posts than there already are.

It was set up wrong thats why.

The ability to edit should always be on, but the line of text that acknowledges an edit has been made should only appear after 5 minutes.

Why? An edit made after 3 minutes is no different to an edit made after 3 days. It's still an edit.

Yes but if it's something as simple as a miss-type, it's rather unnecessary to have a BOLD edit sign underneath the text.

Especially when you consider nobody is sad enough to read it, so it gives the impression the edit could have been made numerous amount of times.

Yes but if it's something as simple as a miss-type, it's rather unnecessary to have a BOLD edit sign underneath the text.

Especially when you consider nobody is sad enough to read it, so it gives the impression the edit could have been made numerous amount of times.

If no-one's sad enough to read it, why be 'sad enough' to make a commotion about something so insignificant and trivial?

And to Kostas, I don't think it would be that hard to read your posts back before replying?

If no-one's sad enough to read it, why be 'sad enough' to make a commotion about something so insignificant and trivial?

And to Kostas, I don't think it would be that hard to read your posts back before replying?

it's not just me who requested it.

You removed it because you couldn't edit the prediction league but that wasnt even 'it' in the first place, what i'm saying is we can have both.

The abiltiy to edit whenever and also have the 5min rule for the text that appears, only the text and not the actual editing.

The only option I know is for user groups to be allowed to turn off the 'edited by' bar by clicking in a box when posting. I'm not sure if Jim would want to allow members to be able to do so though.

Any possibility of a chatbox?

Wrong topic, not really a bug is it. ph34r.gif

:doh: Damn Move it

The insertmedia is a bit iffy on my computer

I tryed it a number of times in the past to upload some videos on there but it just came up with

Whatever the video link is rather than the box with the video

Anybody else had that fault?

All you have to do is click the YouTube button and paste the WHOLE URL for the video. Alternatively type the following:

[media] PASTE URL HERE[/media]

The only option I know is for user groups to be allowed to turn off the 'edited by' bar by clicking in a box when posting. I'm not sure if Jim would want to allow members to be able to do so though.

Jim did allow users to turn off that bar and I don't see why that possibility has been taken away