test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

robaldo

Give Us Feedback/Bugs Thread

Started by robaldo,

2,921 posts in this topic

I'd like to know what you think of the forum, good points and bad.

Is there anything we can add to improve the site?

Dont be afraid to say what you think, do think before posting.

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Jim.

Can we have our edit button back? After about 5 or so minutes we can't edit our posts.

I don't know whether it's still the case as I haven't been around all that much for a while, but the lack of articulacy on here often refrains me from posting. I think it's more the case that a lot of members who frequent do not speak English as their first language, or so I'm to believe, anyway. I'm not sure what you can do about it, but often the lack of correct grammar and punctuation makes it hard to read posts so I often just dismiss them and don't even bother reading them.

I don't know whether it's still the case as I haven't been around all that much for a while, but the lack of articulacy on here often refrains me from posting. I think it's more the case that a lot of members who frequent do not speak English as their first language, or so I'm to believe, anyway. I'm not sure what you can do about it, but often the lack of correct grammar and punctuation makes it hard to read posts so I often just dismiss them and don't even bother reading them.

I have been trying to correct some members grammar as much as i can but its hard to find the time to do this.

the member number in the profile = unnecessary.

Agreed

Why not replace it with something like

Fan since ?

Most hated Team

the site is well organised ,,as to content ,,its been the close season ,a poor World Cup and little transfer activity ,, should pick up after

the Community Shield

Love what you've done with the place since I've been away, really cannot have any complaints at the moment.

From what i've seen Mods are doing a top job, Enjoyed BL's match reports and everyone chips in with their opinions, Think it's great tbh. Stay online! :blue scalf:

I have been trying to correct some members grammar as much as i can but its hard to find the time to do this.

I wasn't pointing the finger at you, nor was I implying that it's your duty to go round 'cleaning' people's posts up. A basic level of grammar and punctuation should be required to post on here, though. And, at times, some threads become almost unreadable with the amount of bad grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. contained within them.

I wasn't pointing the finger at you, nor was I implying that it's your duty to go round 'cleaning' people's posts up. A basic level of grammar and punctuation should be required to post on here, though. And, at times, some threads become almost unreadable with the amount of bad grammar, spelling, punctuation etc. contained within them.

Oh no I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I just meant I try to do it when ever I can. Just to help out others :)

Can we have our edit button back? After about 5 or so minutes we can't edit our posts.

I've just logged into the Admin CP and looked at the member settings for the standard user group. There was a five minute window for editing posts, which I have removed in order for people to edit things such as Prediction League entries and so on.

Agreed, we do our best to make sure topic titles abide to the laws of basic grammar at the least, and also edit things to the best of our ability. What we have to be sensitive about is people who are typing in English when it may not be their first language, but we expect a good quality of communication where possible.

Agreed

Why not replace it with something like

Fan since ?

Most hated Team

I quite like the idea of 'fan since' and think it would be a good addition. As far as I know its impossible to remove the member number but its been a long time since I ever looked in to the possibility and that was on a slightly different forum server a while back. I see no problem with adding the category though.

Love what you've done with the place since I've been away, really cannot have any complaints at the moment.

From what i've seen Mods are doing a top job, Enjoyed BL's match reports and everyone chips in with their opinions, Think it's great tbh. Stay online! :blue scalf:

Thanks a lot mate, its appreciated.

I quite like the idea of 'fan since' and think it would be a good addition. As far as I know its impossible to remove the member number but its been a long time since I ever looked in to the possibility and that was on a slightly different forum server a while back. I see no problem with adding the category though.

I can remove member number from the skin.

'Fan since' is a good idea, i'll set that up. smiliecap1.gif

I don't like the idea of the 'fan since' concept. I don't have a clue when I first started supporting Chelsea. I went to my first game in 1996, but I was only 4 so obviously I didn't even understand football. So when does that mean I started becoming a fan? Because I really don't have a clue!

Just go with the earliest point mate. I started 'following' the Blues in 1997 but never went to my first game until a couple of years later. However in 1997 I was only 4 and I can't remember back that far!

who really needs to know how many months and exact days it was since a member joined the forum.

I'm actually going to agree with you here. I don't deem the preciseness of the join date necessary.