Moussa Dembélé

Chelsea Want AZ Forward Moussa Dembele – Report

The London side are keen to add a young attacker to their squad and have set their sights to Dembele...

According to a report in Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws, English powerhouse Chelsea are considering making a move for AZ's highly-rated forward Moussa Dembele.

The London side are eager to add a young striker to their squad this summer and were already being linked with youngsters such as Milan's Alexandre Pato and Twente's Marko Arnautovic.

Nevertheless, Carlo Ancelotti has now reportedly made Dembele his primary objective. The 21-year-old has been one of the absolute key men for AZ in their successful Eredivisie campaign this term and this hasn't gone unnoticed in the rest of Europe.

Big teams such as Juventus, Milan, Fiorentina and Sevilla are all believed to keep tabs on the versatile Belgian international.

Dembele's current AZ contract is set to expire in 2011, however, the Dutch champions are willing to let go of their star player for an estimated fee of €20 million.

Chelsea are reportedly interested in signing Dembele this summer to farm him back out on loan to AZ for one season. That way the attacker could gain valuable Champions League experience at the Alkmaar side before joining the Blues on a permanent basis.

http://goal.com/en/news/462/netherlands/20...-dembele-report

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea are reportedly interested in signing Dembele this summer to farm him back out on loan to AZ for one season. That way the attacker could gain valuable Champions League experience at the Alkmaar side before joining the Blues on a permanent basis.

good idea.

AZ warn Chelsea over Dembele

dembele-moussa480.jpg

Dembele is highly-rated in the Netherlands

AZ Alkmaar have warned Chelsea that they will have to move quickly if they are to convince them to sell prize-asset Moussa Dembele.

Widespread reports have suggested the forward is high on new coach Carlo Ancelotti's wish-list, with the likes of Genoa, Juventus, Fiorentina and Sevilla also monitoring his situation with the Dutch champions.

AZ technical director Marcel Brands has stopped short of ruling out a potential sale in the summer, but has warned his club will not become embroiled in protracted negotiations.

Brands went on to reveal that Dembele's agent, Patrick Vervoort, has informed him of interest from Stamford Bridge.

"I know through his agent that Chelsea are following Moussa," said Brands in De Telegraaf.

"But Genoa registered their interest a few weeks ago.

"I will certainly not say no [to a move], but if there is nothing by 22nd June he will report for the club's first training session of pre-season."

Dembele has professed to being flattered by interest from overseas but insists he is more than happy with his current paymasters.

"I am certainly not against such a development," Dembele told Het Laatste Nieuws.

"I am indeed in a good position. I can continue at AZ, where it is excellent, or move to a foreign club.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/transfer_centre/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erm... okay, anyone heard of him??? :mellow:

EDIT: needs to be merged, sorry I had no idea there was already another thread about Dembele

Edited by CJ Revo

with real signing 27 year old villa and with eto'o and co being linked with city, dembele could be moulded by are experienced staff and players into a great striker, allthough until sky sports news are declaring with have made an offer i'm not going to get exited.

Edited by Terminator X

AZ Alkmaar have warned Chelsea over their pursuit of Moussa Dembele.

"I know through his agent that Chelsea are following Moussa," said Brands in De Telegraaf.

"But Genoa registered their interest a few weeks ago.

"I will certainly not say no [to a move], but if there is nothing by 22nd June he will report for the club's first training session of pre-season."

Edited by the wes

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You